Exercise Itching!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Exercise Itching!

Postby megan on June 30th, 2010, 10:36 am

Hey Everyone,

This is unrelated to BFS, but I have heard of a lot of people having this problem and I am curious if this happens to anyone here, and if anyone here knows what causes it. So anyway, yes, getting to the problem.... :D For a lot of years whenever I walk or run (especially in the cold, but it can still happen when its warm) I itch like crazy! It usually starts in my thighs, and then moves to my butt and my lower abdominals. I try not to scratch because when I do it breaks the blood vessels in my legs and I end up with ugly purple dots on my legs for a couple of days! It always goes away when I stop running (the itching doesn't last) but I still think this is the weirdest thing!

Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what causes it?

Megan
megan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Exercise Itching!

Postby MarioMangler on June 30th, 2010, 11:12 am

Happens to me all the time. It's caused by exercising when it's cold and your body isn't warmed up yet (or basically any time you go from cold to hot or hot to cold). Has nothing to do with BFS, this is normal and happens to everyone. Either warm up first or wear more clothes when you go out jogging.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby sueboy on June 30th, 2010, 8:15 pm

YES!!! It sure does. It happens to me even when it is not cold, but not always as intense as sometimes. It is in my thighs, butt and lower abdomen, too. It gets so... red from the itching.
Sue
sueboy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)