Candida

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Candida

Postby Craig on August 28th, 2002, 10:24 am

I recently was told that I have high levels of Candida or yeast build up in my body. I am curious if this could have anything to do with BFS? Does anyone know anything about Candida or if there could be a relationship with BFS? I am getting ready to start a couple of cleanses and am considering going to a yeast-free diet.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Candida and Leaky Gut Syndrome

Postby DaveKD on August 28th, 2002, 1:41 pm

Hi Craig - How do they test for that. Before I had BFS I had an autoimmune condition that went spontaneously into remission, but I have read a lot about the leaky gut phenomenon and how it considered the sourece of many autoimmune conditions. I take a probiotic and I know that helps the good bacterio croud out the bad. Solgar makes a dairy free probiotic. Also if you take selenium it is often made from yeast, but Solgar makes a yeast free selenium. I like Solgar products.
DaveKD

Candida

Postby Craig on August 28th, 2002, 2:42 pm

Hi Dave, I had recently had a type of biofeedback done to find out about the Candida. I know there are some other ways to tell through saliva samples. My doctor said that people with high levels of Candida will often have a yellow/white coating on their tongue. I am very interested in the leaky gut phenomenon - what all do you know about it?
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

candida/leaky gut syndrome

Postby Dr. Jon on August 30th, 2002, 5:26 am

Craig and david, Saliva or blood testing for candida is much more acurate that biofeedback machines. Im planning on testing myself for it. Great smokey labs is a good source. I can get some more info on them to you if you need. Leaky gut syndrome is when protien molecules that are not broken dowm proerly are able to get into the blood stream and are seen sorta like invadors so your body will have an autoimmune/allergy response to it. Food allergy testing and elimination is best treatment. I do not know if there is any relation to bfs, but am trying to look into that.
Dr. Jon

Postby Craig on August 30th, 2002, 4:06 pm

Jon-Thanks for the info! I would be interested in hearing your results when you get them. Do you happen to know what some of the main signs of Leaky Gut Syndrome are? Thanks.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davey on August 30th, 2002, 6:29 pm

Craig -

First of all, who told you that you had high levels of candida? I don't think "biofeedback" can tell you this.

Candida infections are often a result of a compromised immune system. Babies get it in the mouth (called thrush) because their immune systems are not fully developed. HIV positive patients also get this too. If you are concerned about the matter, see your doctor.

Davey
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on August 31st, 2002, 12:43 am

I know Lupus patients get thrush too, not saying you have Lupus though. As far as the yellow / white stuff on the tongue, a lot of peopl eget that on a daily or almost daily basis, depending on what they ate or how long ago they ate. I have had that many times after eating certain foods and I have read about that too in medical manuals. It doesn't mean anything bad just because the tongue is coated and a coated tounge doesn't mean it's Thrush. My wife has SLE (Systemic Lupus) and she has had thrush many times over the years. My mother has had Thrush a few times and she is healthy... maybe just had a low immune response at the time and the Thrush was able to take-over, who knows? It could indeed be some kind of low immune response if yours is Thrush and it would be worth going to the doctor just to make sure everything is OK.
Arron

Postby Craig on August 31st, 2002, 9:42 am

Davey- I'm not quite sure why the biofeedback guy thought I had high levels of Candida. He may not have known what he was talking about, because he said that it was a fairly common condition that could be slowly corrected by eating a healthier diet. He also thought there could be a correlation between the Candida and BFS symptoms.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Dr. Jon on September 1st, 2002, 1:28 am

Craig, leaky gut syndrome is basically when the G.I. tract allows unbroken down protiens through the mucosal barrier and into the blood stream. There the body sees it as an invador and secretes IgA antibodies for protection which starts the whole allergic response. symptoms can range from headaches,fatigue,sneezing,ear problems,cough,sinsitis,palpitations,tachcardia,asthma,diarhea,constipation,abdominal pains,IBS,crohn's,coated tongue,rash,hives,urinary tract problems,vaginal problems, anxiety,depression,the list can be quite extensive when you are dealing with autoimmune responses.
Dr. Jon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management