Just cheking in - from Kit

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Just cheking in - from Kit

Postby kit on April 29th, 2010, 4:35 pm

To all:
Well it has certainly been a while but please know that I have thought alot about you and have hoped that you were well. I have been doing well. I have my moments but for the most part now going on 4 years they are certainly more like white noise and sometimes the volume get turned up but in light of everything else...I try not to let it get the best of me. My husband is back from overseas and safe and well! We are acclimating back into a normal life. My mom is still not good over the loss of my dad even though it has been a year...can't believe how fast time goes. My children are well...thank god for that. I have had a brief scare where the doctors were fairly convinced that I had breast cancer. Trust me when I tell you THAT really puts things in perspective. I was very very lucky and it further made me realize that I am NOT in control no matter how hard I try. My time will be my time and "getting a jump on it" by imagining the worst or running test to test to test will not change the outcomes. Funny thing is the breast cancer thing was not even on my radar:) See how God giggles sometimes so that we can learn our lessons. So all is well. I miss you all and to those I have not met...please listen to the good advice you get here. To those who are still questioning...if you have seen the doctors, had the tests and you are still here....you are fine. This is a condition and not a disease AND it is not your identity. Get on with the process of living and stop wasting so much precious time!!! I promise to be better about stopping by now and again. You have my love...
Big smooches!!!!
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Re: Just cheking in - from Kit

Postby jro on April 29th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Thanks for taking the time to update us and share your priceless insights. You are one amazing doctor. I wish all doctors were as wise.
jro
Saint
Saint

Postby simon_w on April 29th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Nice to hear from you Kit. Glad that your breast cancer scare turned out to be nothing to worry about. How goes your fasciculation out of interest? And how about your c spine issues etc? I am keeping well - still twiching as ever but not worrying about it, a bit frustrated by muscle pain/ stiffness/ reduced exercise tolerance but life is good otherwise.

Cheers from NZ
Simon
Fascics since Sep 08 when aged 44. Abnormal EMG (denervation/reinnervation L quads); brisk reflexes R arm on one clinical exam. Health anxiety in early stages, less so now
simon_w
Saint
Saint

Postby kit on April 30th, 2010, 11:19 am

I still twitch some times worse than others and sometimes I have to really concentrate to feel a twitch at all!!! I almost miss them hahahaha! I still get some muscle stiffness and pain and odd achiness and feel shaky ...depends alot on how taxed my immune system is..worse before getting sick...too much stress and the like. Cervical ROM is AWFUL..like an 80 year old :lol: Of course I am a vital attractive red head whose mind is about 28 even if my birth certificate says ..forty something or other!!! But, the MRI was good, so I blame it on stress, too much chartwork and patient care! Other than that sweetie it is all good.
Smooches!!!!
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on April 30th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Hey Kit

Glad to hear from you. Glad the canncer scare was just that. You are a saint.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby Barbie800 on May 2nd, 2010, 6:55 am

So glad to hear from you Kit. You were one of the people who helped me out in the beginning. I still go back and read your advice. I'm glad everything is going well for you. Hope to see you around more often.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)