It's been a long time for me......

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

It's been a long time for me......

Postby Cardu on November 4th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Hi all. I don't know if any "old timers' are on here anymore. I am Amy....AKA "cardu". I joined the BFS forum years ago when I began twitching after receiving two doses of the Hepatitus Series. I went through what ALL of you are probably going through right now. I had numerous doctors run tests on me and finally received a dx of "benign fasciculation syndrome" with cramping of course! I just wanted to stop by and say hello to anyone who is still on here from when I was freaking out. I also wanted to share with any new people who are suffering mentally and physically with this condition. I am still twitching.....with "hot spots"......6 years later. At times they are annoying, especially when I have a "hot spot" for like a week. This comes and goes and I don't even think/worry about it anymore. It has taken years to get to this point, but I am fine. Get your tests done and try in your heart to believe your doctors when everything comes back normal. I know it's hard. This consumed my whole life for years, I missed out on things with my kids.....mentally anyways. I was always here with them, but half here. My mind was always wondering and worrying. I pray that all of you can get to this point someday. I will keep all of you in my thoughts. Take care.
If any of you remember me, drop me a line. I'd love to hear how everyone is doing.
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Re: It's been a long time for me......

Postby raindog on November 4th, 2009, 6:12 pm

Cardu wrote:Hi all. I don't know if any "old timers' are on here anymore. I am Amy....AKA "cardu". I joined the BFS forum years ago when I began twitching after receiving two doses of the Hepatitus Series. I went through what ALL of you are probably going through right now. I had numerous doctors run tests on me and finally received a dx of "benign fasciculation syndrome" with cramping of course! I just wanted to stop by and say hello to anyone who is still on here from when I was freaking out. I also wanted to share with any new people who are suffering mentally and physically with this condition. I am still twitching.....with "hot spots"......6 years later. At times they are annoying, especially when I have a "hot spot" for like a week. This comes and goes and I don't even think/worry about it anymore. It has taken years to get to this point, but I am fine. Get your tests done and try in your heart to believe your doctors when everything comes back normal. I know it's hard. This consumed my whole life for years, I missed out on things with my kids.....mentally anyways. I was always here with them, but half here. My mind was always wondering and worrying. I pray that all of you can get to this point someday. I will keep all of you in my thoughts. Take care.
If any of you remember me, drop me a line. I'd love to hear how everyone is doing.

Excellent post Amy (cardu) i'm near on 5 years now and probably doing ok both physically and mentally just like you.

There is light at the end of the tunnel :D

BTW Is this you in the pink? :shock: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby jro on November 4th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Amy,

Thanks for coming back to update us on your obvious well being. Even though I joined in the last year or so I still read posts from long ago and remember yours. The time you took to update us is a very generous message that the outlook for all of us is very positive.

jro
jro
Saint
Saint

Postby Barbie800 on November 6th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Thanks for posting Amy. I have read some of your posts. I hope everyone on this board can get to where you are now. Thanks for posting.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby Cardu on November 7th, 2009, 7:08 pm

LOL Raindog....you must have read that I was doing Zumba. Sad to say, I am no longer participating in it! In many ways I WISH that were me in the pink.....I wish I could wear that shirt...lol. However I think I have better moves! Just joking. To answer your question....it's not me. LOL
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on November 8th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Cardu wrote:LOL Raindog....you must have read that I was doing Zumba. Sad to say, I am no longer participating in it! In many ways I WISH that were me in the pink.....I wish I could wear that shirt...lol. However I think I have better moves! Just joking. To answer your question....it's not me. LOL

Hey Cardu ...this foxy fitness lady does this class only 400 meters in a community hall down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD10ABxX7BQ

Might enroll myself to show these dam twitches who the boss .....Smokin :lol:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)