Site Issues

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

Site Issues

Postby JohnV on May 22nd, 2009, 11:00 am

Hi all -

The web hosting service I previously used with great success has transferred all of their assets to another host (JumpLine - STAY AWAY!) .

This new host has been responsible for the problems that you have been seeing over the past few days and months. I am in the process of moving everything to a new host. As far as I can tell the board has in no way been compromised, the recent problems stem from a ham handed response by the host to "Security issues" on another site, and to an unannounced move to a different control panel system.

The site is going to be up and down over the next couple of days as I try to get everything moved. Thanks for your patience, and I apologize for any problems.

I am working with them to get the data restored, but it doesn't look likely at this point.

JohnV
JohnV
Webmaster
http://www.AboutBFS.com
JohnV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Site Issues

Postby simon_w on May 23rd, 2009, 9:04 pm

Hi John,
I appreciate all the hard work you put in to keep the site running.
Kind regards
Simon
Fascics since Sep 08 when aged 44. Abnormal EMG (denervation/reinnervation L quads); brisk reflexes R arm on one clinical exam. Health anxiety in early stages, less so now
simon_w
Saint
Saint

Postby jro on May 23rd, 2009, 11:17 pm

I want to add my statement of thanks too. This board has meant more to me than can ever be expressed. Your efforts are truly making a significant difference in people's lives.

jro
jro
Saint
Saint

Postby rickt on July 5th, 2009, 10:06 pm

I want second jros comments about the site his words reflect my thoughts completely.

Great work to all involved.

rickt
Sydney Australia
rickt

Postby Giaynee on November 2nd, 2009, 4:35 pm

I was very excited when I first saw this forum for BFS sufferers but now I'm not so sure this is legit after reading some of the posts leading to trashy talk. What is the deal here?
Giaynee

Postby JohnV on November 2nd, 2009, 5:28 pm

Unfortunately Spammers use bots to automatically join forums and spam them. I am careful to check each new registration, but it's been getting harder and harder to identify them.

If you come across spam or abusive posts, please don't hesitate to notify me. Can you tell me what posts you are seeing?
JohnV
Webmaster
http://www.AboutBFS.com
JohnV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics