Your board viewing habits

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Your board viewing habits

Postby twin2 on August 4th, 2009, 9:48 am

I'm procrastinating getting ready for work, so I thought I'd ask some questions.

How often do you check the board? Do you use the "search" function? When are you most likely to be online. Do you pm? Is your board green or blue? Do you get a small thrill from reaching a new status, e.g. "senior member" "hero" etc? (I do! It's the little things in life.) Likes and dislikes about the board. Do you check your own posts obsessively for replies? (guilty!)

Becky
twin2
Saint
Saint

Re: Your board viewing habits

Postby highpriority4 on August 4th, 2009, 10:01 am

LOLOL Becky!!

During the week...I check the board from work throughout the day. After I leave the office, and on the weekends, I dont check the board near as often...maybe once a day if at all.

I rarely use the "search" function anymore.

I am mostly likely to be online during the day, during the week.

I PM lots...probably more than I post. :oops:

My screen is blue!!

I never really paid attention to my posting status until Ed pointed out I had like 300+ posts...then I realized I talk too much. :lol: :roll:

I like the people...well most of them. :wink: There really are alot of people here who actually still care about others...and without them, this forum would not be what it is.

I cant remember the last time I started my own post...other than the lyrics I posted which was about 2 weeks ago I think.

~*~Amy~*~

*watches the number of views climb as Becky checks to see replies to this thread* :lol: :lol: You're a silly girl. *hugs*
Aint no, rhyme or reason, no complicated meanin'
Aint no, need to overthink it, let go laughin'
Life dont go, quite like we planned it, we try so hard to understand it
Irrefutable, indisputable, absoluteable, totally beautiful fact is, Psssh
It happens...
highpriority4
Saint
Saint

Postby twin2 on August 4th, 2009, 2:50 pm

You're so cute, Amy. Thanks for indulging me. Tediously slow day on the board, isn't it?
twin2
Saint
Saint

Postby highpriority4 on August 4th, 2009, 3:08 pm

twin2 wrote:You're so cute, Amy. Thanks for indulging me. Tediously slow day on the board, isn't it?

Ugh yes...and at work too. Who the hell needs to contact their insurance agent up until 7pm in the evening? I stay that late one night a week and I swear no one ever calls or comes in LOLOL. The time is moving sooooo slooowwwllyyyyyyyy....

~*~Amy~*~
It happens...
highpriority4
Saint
Saint

Postby twin2 on August 4th, 2009, 3:14 pm

I work until 8 tonight. Have group at 6, but until then, not very busy. I agree time is going slowly.
twin2
Saint
Saint

Postby megan on August 4th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Good idea for a survey!

How often do you check the board? I used to check it everyday throughout the day at work, but since I have been working on a new project maybe once a day to once every 2 or 3 days.

Do you use the "search" function? Not really anymore. I used to a lot when I first joined, but now I find I would rather get opinions from people on my specific question/situation.

When are you most likely to be online? Right now, in the afternoon and early evening. When I get back to my regular schedule at the office, any time of day is really game.

Do you pm? Not usually. I don't think anyone loves me that much! Lol

Is your board green or blue? Green

Do you get a small thrill from reaching a new status, e.g. "senior member" "hero" etc? Maybe just a little :D *holds pointer finger and thumb very close together*

Likes and dislikes about the board. I don't like posts where people post information from medical journals that they don't know anything about... but, yah know thats free speech! I love the support and all the love here, even if you are an infrequent visitor.

Do you check your own posts obsessively for replies? SO GUILTY :D
megan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby highpriority4 on August 4th, 2009, 4:34 pm

twin2 wrote:I work until 8 tonight. Have group at 6, but until then, not very busy. I agree time is going slowly.

Bec...we need a vacation.

~*~Amy~*~
It happens...
highpriority4
Saint
Saint

Postby lindahcohen on August 4th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Honestly I check the board more when flaring. And that's when I use the search feature. Of course sometimes I just check up on things b/c the people here are not only helpful and empathetic, but HILARIOUS. No pm-ing and no facebooking and I still haven't put my pic up.

And my screen is green.
lindahcohen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Barbie800 on August 4th, 2009, 6:12 pm

My board is green. Why do some people get blue boards?
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby twin2 on August 4th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Les, if you go to "board preferences" under "user control panel" you can change the color of the board.
twin2
Saint
Saint

Postby Barbie800 on August 4th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Thanks Becky. I did not even notice that.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby Keith R on October 2nd, 2009, 10:17 pm

Very cool survey.
Most interesting question though--- Board color.
My board is green. How do we get blue boards? What does it mean? How did you even know other people have different colored boards??? Wild.

I check the board everyday. particularly looking for replies to my posts or comments on others' posts.
Kinda weird, but its a bit fun.

I searched like crazy when I started. I am doing less and less, but occasionally will.

I am usually on during the day at work. Check a few times. If not busy, I go on a lot. Other days just once. Just depends how busy I am.

On a weekend, it might be once or twice both days, or not at all, but much much less than during the week.

I am still on a low status, but I can see the thrill in stepping up to a higher status.

I have PM ed a few times. But its not something I do a lot. Its good to have bc occasionally I might want to ask someone something specific and feel weird about putting it up there for all to read.

Keith
Keith R

Postby jro on October 2nd, 2009, 11:02 pm

I am back to work now so I check the board in the morning when I arrive at work after I set up my classroom and review my lessons for the day. It allows me to shift gears for a moment before the routine starts up. I also check during my lunch break while I eat a nutrition bar and sip my diet soda. I check in again when I get home before my exercise class (keeps me from eating junk food or taking a nap) and maybe again after dinner before I go to bed. I check in a lot less on the weekends. My status does not give me a good feeling but rather makes me feel a little odd that I have to respond so much. I think my time on this board is an outlet and allows others in my "real" life to view me as more quiet and laid back. I try to be thoughtful in my responses but sometimes I rush to get them out because I am late for the next item on my agenda. I enjoy the feedback I get from others. I especially enjoy it when I can share something useful with someone based on the exhausting, expensive journey I have gone through. I do not want that journey to have been in vain. I feel that my experience has helped others and have been told that usually in private messages, which makes me feel great. I usually try to remember what I wanted to know when I first came on after my first symptoms. Sometimes that info is helpful because the person is like me and other times it is toxic because that person is my polar opposite.

My screen is green which is a peaceful color so I think I'll keep it.
jro
Saint
Saint

Postby Keith R on October 3rd, 2009, 12:11 pm

Oops. I didnt see the control panel thing about changing the color.
Thanks.
I may experiment with it.

Keith
Keith R

Postby andreah on October 4th, 2009, 10:48 am

I'm procrastinating getting ready for work, so I thought I'd ask some questions.

How often do you check the board? Do you use the "search" function? When are you most likely to be online. Do you pm? Is your board green or blue? Do you get a small thrill from reaching a new status, e.g. "senior member" "hero" etc? (I do! It's the little things in life.) Likes and dislikes about the board. Do you check your own posts obsessively for replies? (guilty!)

Great Topic.....

I check the bd daily.... but sometimes just once, sometimes more, depending on what I am doing....

I have never used the search function...

I am most likely to be online when my son is napping (late morning)... or after 8:00ish (once all the kids are in bed)... but I never stay on for very long quite honestly.

I have never private mssged, guess I hadn't thought about it. But may be a good way to ask a specific question.

My screen is green.

I like the supportiveness, don't like when thinks get too heated. We are here for support, at least in my opinion, not to argue about symptoms, conditions, etc....

I don't check obessively for replies, but do read certain threads depending on what it is...

Have a great weekend!!

Andrea
andreah

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)