BFS Symptoms and Hay Fever

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BFS Symptoms and Hay Fever

Postby Heater on May 5th, 2004, 7:19 pm

My hayfever symptoms are now picking up quite a bit. Also it seems, my BFS symptoms have intensified. Twitching has become more profuse and generally stronger. Also, I am experiencing a lot more muscle pain and stiffness.

Has anybody else noticed this correlation?
Heater

Allergies and BFS

Postby RexM on May 18th, 2004, 5:41 pm

Heater, I've also noticed a big increase in symptoms when the allergies are picking up. I posted a couple of months ago about making a week long visit to Chicago where nothing was yet in bloom. My symptoms were almost non existent. When I returned to Southern California where EVERYTHING was already in bloom, my symptoms almost exploded within hours. Same thing last week. We visited the Las Vegas strip for a few days, and I had almost no symptoms. When we returned home [where I have a huge garden of perennials], the symptoms increased dramatically.
I just hope I don't have to get rid of my garden!
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Heater on May 18th, 2004, 10:49 pm

Don't get rid of the garden! I think I can endure stronger symptoms when things are in bloom, at least I hope so. Our flowering trees are just starting to bloom, and the perrenials are at various stages of growth, some just up through the soil, some flowering. I just finished giving everything a good watering tonight.

I know this is off topic for the forum, but you might be interested to know one of our additions to the garden last year was a California Poppy (California State Flower) and this spring we have numerous plants popping up from seed. Last year our California Poppy bloomed from July right through to freeze up. All the information I've found on the web doesn't include areas as far north as us (we live in central Alberta, Canada) as a suitable climate zone, but apparently it survives well here.
Heater

Garden notes

Postby RexM on May 19th, 2004, 10:37 am

Glad to hear that our native poppy is thriving way up North. It is a pretty hardy plant, so I'm not surprised.
Believe me, I won't get rid of the garden. Besides, the only way I'd get any relief around here would be to move. We live in an area where we're surrounded by numerous commercial nurseries, as well as groves of citrus, avacados, pomegranates, grapes, etc. You just can't escape the pollen.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: BFS Symptoms and Hay Fever

Postby Rothhaar on April 20th, 2014, 11:26 am

I just found this thread when I searched the forums for "allergies" and "hay fever".

It's really strange, but I also experienced a big flare up in BFS symptoms just when the "hay fever season" began in late march (like many sufferers I'm especially allergic to birches).
On the other hand, my allergy symptoms are much, much weaker than ever before in my whole lifetime (I have hay fever since I was four years old!). And that happens although this year the birch pollen counts are excessive in central Europe. I, however, didn't even have a single attack of asthma this year, whereas I would be coughing all the time from late march to mid june in former years.

Does anybody think that there is a connection?!
Rothhaar

Postby christo on April 20th, 2014, 1:47 pm

I dont know but I have asked myself the same thing. I have a strong relapse since 3 weeks, and the pollens are high also since about 3 weeks where I live.
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby ShawnW on April 20th, 2014, 2:45 pm

christo wrote:I dont know but I have asked myself the same thing. I have a strong relapse since 3 weeks, and the pollens are high also since about 3 weeks where I live.

I would guess it could play a role. I mean pollen illicits an immune response and there are some that believe in a correlation between BFS and immune system hyperactivity.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS