ear drum twitches are the WORST

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

ear drum twitches are the WORST

Postby erika on August 27th, 2003, 12:51 am

I thought I was the only one that got ear drum fascics (even my neuro said he thought those were weird), but I just read arron's post and he's had them too.

they drive me crazy because you don't just feel them, but you hear them. I've gotten good at ignoring most of my other fascics most of the time, but the ear drum ones are impossible to ignore.

the only way I can deal with them is to stick my finger in my ear. then I don't hear them and barely feel them. but when someone's talking to me, I don't really want to stick my finger in my ear.

does anyone else get these? how do you cope?

(although there is something comforting about getting fascics somewhere where you don't really have to worry about muscle weakness)
erika

Postby rosa on August 27th, 2003, 8:17 am

oh yea, I do get them too, but have no suggestion what to do :(
rosa
Interested
Interested

Postby kim on August 27th, 2003, 2:05 pm

I get 'em too! left ear only so far, and I have found nothing to relieve them either. Just like the rest of them, they come and go as they please.

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

This might help.......

Postby M Blaze on August 28th, 2003, 8:49 am

Hey,

Ive mentioned on here before about these irritaing noises in your ear, but im not sure if i have the same thing (ive been told it might be palatal myoclonus) but anyway, it sounds like a tapping in your ears. Ive had these noises drag on for days and weeks, 24/7 - unfortunately, i havent found anything that helps.

But, it placing something in your ear helps, you can buy natural wax earplugs from chemists [mine are 'quies' - a french brand] - i use them when i get weird pressure noises in my ears or if my tinnitus is playing up. Theyre really good because you can mould them to the shape of your ear - and they arent noticable.

Hope this helps, M Blaze

Ps/ I agree...they are the worst type......they totally take my concentration away.
M Blaze

Postby lets twitch again on August 28th, 2003, 9:34 am

I expierence fasc,thatI can pick up in my ears as well.
My MND doc I talked to this week was not concerned about them at all .
The matter of fact is that he gets them himself! He mentioned a nerve or muscle group that is located near the ear and that this group is precieved as a popping sound if it twitches. Therfore there isn't anything like eardrum twitches.
hope this helps
lets twitch again

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS