EMG today

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG today

Postby garym on August 25th, 2003, 9:58 pm

I took my first emg today and i have to say it helped ease my tension. I am concerned that the dr. didn't offer any info. other than stating I don't have ALS (which I'm extremely happy about) and my condition was BFS.

I guess the anxiety that has been pulling me down wont let me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Did most of you guys have the test results explained to you?

Thanks for any help.

Gary
garym

Postby erika on August 27th, 2003, 12:58 am

Gary,

Congrats on the clean EMG!! what a relief.

I've never had an EMG but I have felt that dr's have brushed me off a little and not explained things as thoroughly as I would have liked. But the way I see it is, they see lots of patients that do have als, and those are the patients that they have to explain a lot to. In their minds, a diagnosis of bfs should completely assure us that we're fine. they don't always realize that because of the anxiety that's been eating at us, we need more than just a "you're fine" and a pat on the back.
erika

Postby garym on August 27th, 2003, 9:30 am

Erika,

Thanks for the reply. I think that you are right and I should just relax.

Take care
Gary
garym

Postby Pole on September 2nd, 2003, 9:09 am

Hi,
EMG is very specific and complicated exam and it's not easy to explain technical details to somebody who doesn't know anything about muscles and neurology. So I think it's normal that your doc didn't waste his time for talking with you about technical details. He gave you the most important info - your test is normal and you don't have ALS.

Congratulations
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS