Cramp-Fasciculatiion Syndrome

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cramp-Fasciculatiion Syndrome

Postby osbormd on August 20th, 2003, 12:03 pm

For those of you that notice cramps associated with your twitches, could you post whether you have had confirmed dx (Nerve Conduction Velocity/stimulation), or have tried any drugs with a noticable benefit?

I had NCV/stimulation test and it did not show positive for me, but I understand this test just helps further conclude dx of BCFS.

I've tried Klonopin with some minor benefit.

Mike
osbormd

Cramp Fasciculation Syndrome

Postby toddwstew on September 1st, 2004, 10:55 pm

I have been dx'd with Cramp Fasciculation Syndrome following exams, bloodwork, EMG/NCV ,etc.

I have been given Klonopin to see if it helps with my symptoms. LIke Mike I've had some minor benefit taking the drug mainly with helping me sleep.

Any others with a similar dx and anything to offer?

Todd.
Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome
Since March 2003
toddwstew

No good response

Postby Davey on October 8th, 2004, 1:46 pm

I've had Cramp-Fasciculation since June 2001. My dx consisted of simple neurological exams, blood work, and an NCV/EMG in Sept. 2001. I have taken supplements (Ca, Mg, Zn) but found no real benefit. I took Neurontin, but that was for Restless Leg Syndrome, which has subsided so I no longer take it. I also no longer take SSRIs to deal with anxiety.

I have not taken benzodiazepines or carbamazepines (ie. Klonopin, Tegretol). I was drinking tonic water in hope that the small amount of quinine would prevent cramping, but it didn't help. I am going to a neuro next month to get his input on how to deal with the cramping and twitching. I'll let you know what he says.
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on October 8th, 2004, 11:46 pm

I've had BFS for almost 3 years. The first year I had terrible cramping, especially in the feet. It was a bit less in the calves. I twitched non stop for months. I've tried the SSRI's (antidepressant), and it helped reduce the worry along with Xanax. I am no longer on either. I even was on Klonopin for a year. It helped me sleep, but had a mild affect on the cramping and twitching. I now make sure I stetch, exercise on a regular basis, take Ca, Mg, Bvits and multivit. Stress makes a huge difference in how bad the twitches are.
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS