fasciculations and lyme encephelitis

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

fasciculations and lyme encephelitis

Postby eric on August 17th, 2003, 9:03 pm

hi every body, found out I had lyme encephephilitis, slowly making progress on antibiotics. fasciculations were profuse in the begining. i guess the bacteria
proliferates and blocks the anterior horn proccesing site. ithe good news is it seems that it is reversing. I hope the fasciculations stop and if they do i hope the same for everyone on this board.
for all of you who think you may have lyme dont give up when they say you dont have it,they said that for 15 years and it was wrong. they just dont have a test for lyme because it cloakes itself behind the immune system. it then slowly progresses from the peripheral nerves into the brain. main symptom:
fasciculations , tingling, dizzness, feeling keeyed up, pain behind the eyes,floaters in the eyes, balance and vertigo problems, strange phisical sensations like vibrating or buzzing and electrical feelings all over.
and the last symptom is that everybody believes you are not sick and are having problems by bieng too intune with your body. anyway lotsa luck
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby dwl on August 18th, 2003, 12:29 am

Hi Eric,

I'm glad that they finally got to the bottom of your illness. I remember reading your original posts and feeling very worried for you because you had a whole bundle of quite nasty-sounding symptoms along with the twitching.

I think that most people here just have twitching plus a few other milder symptoms such as pain, cramps, tired muscles etc. These symptoms sound quite different to yours so I would caution anyone against convincing themselves that their bfs symptoms are caused by Lyme disease.

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby eric on August 18th, 2003, 7:14 am

dwl wrote:Hi Eric,

I'm glad that they finally got to the bottom of your illness. I remember reading your original posts and feeling very worried for you because you had a whole bundle of quite nasty-sounding symptoms along with the twitching.

I think that most people here just have twitching plus a few other milder symptoms such as pain, cramps, tired muscles etc. These symptoms sound quite different to yours so I would caution anyone against convincing themselves that their bfs symptoms are caused by Lyme disease.

David
that is correct. however some of the people might by chance have this on this board and are not bieng helped by there doctors since there is no test .
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby SusanSid on August 18th, 2003, 7:23 pm

Eric,
It's me again :-) I'd like to more info on the lyme disease/BFS connection. Is there an article on it or some research that you could obtain for this website? If there is I know everyone would be interested as it could possibly apply to some of us.
Who got to the bottom of it? Did you have a doctor that finally listened, or they just knew more than most? Or was it the fact that you were so persistant that they gave in and listened and found you were correct?
How bad are your fasciculations? I'm sure you've mentioned it but don't recall. Do you have them everywhere, or mainly in a certain place? I'm very curious. Thanks for sharing.
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

lyme and fasciculations,also jerking and myoclonus as well.

Postby eric on August 18th, 2003, 8:32 pm

SusanSid wrote:Eric,
It's me again :-) I'd like to more info on the lyme disease/BFS connection. Is there an article on it or some research that you could obtain for this website? If there is I know everyone would be interested as it could possibly apply to some of us.
Who got to the bottom of it? Did you have a doctor that finally listened, or they just knew more than most? Or was it the fact that you were so persistant that they gave in and listened and found you were correct?
How bad are your fasciculations? I'm sure you've mentioned it but don't recall. Do you have them everywhere, or mainly in a certain place? I'm very curious. Thanks for sharing.
Sue

i have had lyme disease for a long time , i got it in 87 and remmember it well. they gave me antibiotics but i thought that this was it . felt fine for about a year and then slowly and i mean slowly the symptoms came on. my case is not typical because it is of long duration most people dont get past 4 years before things get really bad.2.8 years ago I got a fever and my doctor gave me cipro and that is where the profuse fasciculations started, they were every where! the doctors that I went too were the top in the countryand could not figure it out. they said my fasciculations were benign somehow i felt there was something really wrong and they were not catching it.i also had vertigo at the time as well . every test i took exept for two tests were negetive. at the end and ready to throw in the towel I went to my infectious disease doctor in new york . he is the one who ordered the tests speck and western blot. the speck showed lyme encephalitis. the western blot was borderline. the doctor then told me that i have lyme disease of the peripheral nerves. he gave me the antibiotics and I have been slowly getting better. everyday the antibiotics fight the bacteria and i can feel it when it happens. the bacteria hides or cloaks behind the ammune system. a was starting to atrophy at all muscles in the body and had to find an answer fast. If you look up als and lyme you will find reports on this topic. also the lyme alliance is another place to look. columbia prespeterian lyme disease study is another.I new because they specifly mention motor neuron disease as a symptom closley resembling als. the articles were letting doctors know that there was a curable disease that looked like a deadly one. they just had to kill the bacteria!plain and simple!the lyme alliance has a paper from the reseachers at columbia and the title of it is "the underdiagnosis of neurophsyciactric lyme in adults and children" they specificaly mention fasciculations as part of lyme disease.
http://www.lymealliance.org/medical/neuro/neuro_6.php
look at the above address and look under clinical manisfestations!!!!!!
eric
Hero
Hero

lyme and fasciculations,also jerking and myoclonus as well.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS