My story

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My story

Postby John on August 9th, 2003, 10:16 pm

My story is proably similar to most of the others ,but here goes.I was in a depression and as a result my immune system was down also. I came down with a flu ,or a cold,and I experienced terrible leg pain that lasted a few days. I could not shake the cold and a few weeks later my legs started twitching. I was simply scared to death .It took me six weeks before I went to see a doctor . When I did I had the unfortunate experience of getting a Neurologist that was not compitant in my opinion. He ordered Nerve conduction studies on my legs ,whitch he said came back showing sighns of demylinazation. When he did the nerve study he worked and worked with the machine untill he finally got it to work right .I personally think now after looking back that not only he ,but also his machine was incompitant He then ordered a MRI of my Brain and my back(he thought I had a ruptured disc) .When the MRI came back negative he then wanted to do a spinal tap,he still thought I had a ruptured disc even though I had no pain and no ristiction of movement .I ran out of there as fast as I could . Searching on the internet for what I thought I had (ALS,MS ect) I found this site .I had been looking at this as symtoms of something else,not thinking that the symptoms could be the actual problem. I then diagnosed myself and got a second opinion from a qualified Nuerologist who concured with my diagnoses . So all of you out there who think you still have one of these terible deseases ,it's could very likely be BFS.
John

My story

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS