[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
AboutBFS.com • View topic - Exercise induced fasciculations

Exercise induced fasciculations

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Exercise induced fasciculations

Postby Keith8 on May 8th, 2007, 5:26 am

I am a doctor and a keen cyclist who started getting strong fasciculations in my calves four years ago when I started doing long, hard cycle races. I learned then that a good proportion of fasciculations are aggravated or caused by exercise. Fortunately mine were not associated with cramps and I found that, although annoying, they did not interfere with my life too much.
I have done some in-depth reading into the possible causes of BFS and have come found some interesting research that may be related to possible causes and treatments for this and related conditions. I have written an article on my findings which can be read at the below url or contact me on this site and I will email it to anyone interested in reading it. There is always hope!
[/url]http://ezinearticles.com/?Constant-Muscle-Twitching-and-Benign-Fasciculation&id=521581
Keith8

Postby zekebcfs on May 8th, 2007, 3:28 pm

The article says you cured yourself. I doubt that. But if you did....get me some! Please post a lot more detailed information since most on this board are well versed with the fundamentals of BCFS/BFS agony.

What we want is the science behind the problem. What is the spice or ingediants. I don't think this is to much to ask for since I am confidant that most on this board will side with me when I say we hate anyone trying to make a buck of the suffering BFS and BCFS brings to our lives.

This board is to share not to profit so if your intention is to sell a product please take it some where else. Unless it is actually a cure and not some snake oil!
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby stevepaul on May 8th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Quotes from article -

"Although fasciculation is a feature of both BFS and ALS that of the former usually ceases when the affected muscle is exercised"

" Exercise triggers muscle twitching in the majority of BFS patients"

You seem to be saying that BFS is triggered by exercise but that the fasciculation's cease during exercise. This doesn't make sense

Make your mind up
"The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shape of things,
their colours, lights and shades; these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts."

Denys Pitchford Watkins
stevepaul
Hero
Hero

Postby Ginlyn on May 9th, 2007, 1:56 am

Shoot,

I can't find the article!!!

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on May 9th, 2007, 6:57 am

I wasn't exercising when I got BFS, a year prior to BFS...Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Keith8 on May 9th, 2007, 11:01 am

Keith8

Postby Chipper3 on May 9th, 2007, 11:35 am

Chipper3
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby paulreason on May 10th, 2007, 7:09 am

paulreason