got my spect scan done

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

got my spect scan done

Postby eric on July 3rd, 2003, 8:36 pm

Hi im back my name is eric and I am the one who is scared that he has cjd. the spect scan is nuclear radiation induced into the body and they take pictures. the results were abnormal with words suh as hypo and hyperfusion of differant parts of the brain. anyway when i received the news from my primary care doc I went straight to my neurologist as fast as my leggs would carry me . what does this mean I asked him , he said it means nothing because the test contradicts itself. well I was on a mission i went to my second neurologist within about an hour , I faxed everything to the second one before I arrived. he said he did not know what to make out about this report.the report states I have either lymes disease,vasulilits,encephelitis,the forth I forgot . anyway they believe that I the report was true why would I be standing there . so I went straight for the spinal tap and it was protein slightly elevated. since last week I have sent the results to the ucsf for review. everyone tells me I would be dead by now but that does not stop the symptoms.the spinal tap was to check for lyme disease. negative.now they have me on 4000 mg of amox a day for what they think is inflamation of the blood vessels. i slur my words sometimes and that bothers me anyway that is the latest news.
eric
Hero
Hero

got my spect scan done

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS