I think I might be getting rid of it!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby hypohondriac on October 9th, 2006, 4:18 pm

I posted on here last week saying that I was starting a serious de-tox session. I gave myself 2 weeks and told myself that during these two weeks I will NOT be obsessing about my health, **S, *S and other st**id things like that.

So... started on Thursday by doing the following:
* giving up coffee (was a lot easier than I thought it would be)
* giving up sugar (that's still a bit hard cause every d*mn thing has sugar in it, including fruit)
* giving up alcohol (I have no social life now)
* giving up yeast and fermented products (so no bread, cheese, vinegar, tomato paste, etc)
* taking multi-vitamins, and de-tox agents (I feel like a cancer victim by the amount of pills I take each morning)
* meditating (that one was interesting and I think I'll keep it up - does wonders for your mind)
* doing yoga (well... haven't actually started on this yet but will as of tomorrow)

During the first 2-3 days I was wondering why I was torturing myself cause I was still twitching, buzzing and vibrating all the same. Then yesterday I noticed that my twitches were a lot less noticeable. The buzzing sensation in my ankle was still there but I have somehow turned my mind away from it and it wasn't bothering me as much.

And this morning I feel absolutely fine. Still a twitch here and there but hardly worth a mention. The buzzing I can still feel a little bit but only when I concentrate really hard on it. It is now very very mild.

I don't know if I am truly getting rid of my BFS or whether tomorrow I'll be popping like crazy, but I will surely stick to the two-week trial and see how it goes. The one thing it did for me for sure is gave me peace - I am not stressing about anything at the moment. I am also feeling very energetic, no fatigue and no weakness.

I also had this clicking sensation in my toes when walking and my podiatrist said it was Morton's neuroma. I fixed that by buying a good pair of shoes.

The reason why I started doing this is because I read somewhere that you can cure fibromyalgia this way. Well... I don't know if I have fibro or not, I don't know if I have BFS or not, but whatever it is I'm sure it's not terminal and I'm sure I can cure it by treating my body well. The thing is I also know it will probably not happen over night but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

Of course, I am not ruling out the possibility of having future freak out sessions and seeking support on this board which has been so great!

I must qualify this by saying that I caught my twiches, etc, in their early stages. I've been twitching for the last 2 weeks only! So perhaps too early to tell anything!
hypohondriac

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS