Debs story

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Debs story

Postby Debbs on September 15th, 2002, 10:19 pm

Im a 42 year old Australian lady, I have an adoring husband and two awesome children. About 6 years ago my problems started, I was under great a great deal of stress, my hubby worked 2 jobs and was gone practically 7 days a week leaving me to take care of the children and the household and work myself...We were doing some rare household renovations together and I simply lifted my arm above my head to hand him a tool as he was on a ladder, when I felt strange and my arm began to feel weak and weird, in the days just after I was very dizzy, I lost my balance and I had an involuntary eye movement only in one eye, I also found it difficult to write anything down with my right arm..I felt totally exhausted. I went straight to my local doctor who saw my rapid eye movement and promply said Oh my gosh you have MS, well that thru me into a total spin she really scared me, she did some tests on me to see if I had any numbness on my face, or anywhere else and there was None. I left her office feeling totally devestated and angry. I returned to see another doctor and get a refferal to a Neuro, so that her theory could be proven. I went to see a Rhumatologist first who suggested that if I did have MS that it would be good to find out cause things can be done to slow down the process he also suggested that I could have Fibro because of the pain and achy muscles( he never did one test on me ). My blood workfrom a local GP revealed nothing suggnificant..but I did have a low grade infection in my right ear. Off to the Neuro I went, apparently he is the best in Western Australia so I felt confident that if something was wrong he would find it...He did numerous tests looking for MS, electrodes on my legs and tests for my optic nerve you name it he did it, very thorough Neuro. All he found was the long tract in my left leg was not doing what it should,and that my legs were hyperactive,and that my balance could well be associated with my ear infection,and that I could possibly have the begining of occular opthalmapledgia, nothing wrong with my gait at all, no evidence of anything sinnister at all. He sent me home said I was anxious..but If you start twitching come back and Ill do an MRI, well da da I have been twitching from that day to this one....The MRI came back negative. Im seeing a Neuro in a couple of weeks beacuse of the twitching and I still have the eye thingo happening occasionally, and having another MRI done and an EMG. Meanwhile I have been seeing a chiropractor to help with my leg problem and dizzyness, he has been fantastic I highly recommend them. My legs are better now than they have been,I do think tho that stress is very under rated and the problems associated with it. Before all this began my only problem was a long standing Post nasal drip and several bouts of shocking tonsillitis and lots of antibiotics. Sure makes me wonder if all this stuff thats happened to me without any real evidence of any thing else going on, that perhaps this is how my body reacts to stressfull situations, I mean not just everyday stresses like the alarm going off and getting up for work which is a stress, but big things that you cannot control stuff thats traumatic..just a thought :shock:

Deb
Debbs

Debs story

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS