Can someone answer this for me??

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby help_please!! on April 23rd, 2006, 1:22 pm

I am just wondering if anyone knows if the contrast they use during an MRI makes a lot of difference as far as sensitivity??

I am scared of MS and I have had a clean brain MRI with the contrast, but they did not use contrast with my cervical spine MRI- which came back clean, but the report says that w/o the contrast there is limited sensitivity. I asked my neuro about this and she said that the contrast was for like tumors and stuff, then I asked my son's neuro about it and he told me that the contrast does not make much of a ditfference, that it would still pick up a lesion and that the contrast would only be able to tell if the lesion was old or new.

I am trying to convence myself that I do not have MS, and I keep reading my reports over and over again, but I am scared about my c-spine since I have been having sx in my left leg. I am going crazy... Does anyone know the answer or can look it up for me as I am too scared to even look it up b/c I may run across some MS sites or something...

Thanks in advance,
Amanda
help_please!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS