Can diet help BFS?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Can diet help BFS?

Postby drapermom on April 15th, 2003, 11:20 pm

Hi,
I am newly diagnosed with BFS, and I definetly have the classic symptoms of it. I was wondering if anyone has noticed if certain things being put into or taken out of their diet has helped their BFS :?: Or is there anything else that anyone has noticed helps with their BFS other then diet :?: will appreciate any reply.

Thanks,
Drapermom
drapermom

Postby Jenn311 on April 16th, 2003, 8:40 am

HOwdy...
Did you try cutting our caffeine? A lot of people have said that helps! It does for me! Also, not worrying helps the most.
Peace, Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby drapermom on April 16th, 2003, 9:03 am

Thanks Jen, Caffiene will definetly be cut! I read about that last night. And after finding out about BSF and not having something more wacked, I actually slept better last night. For me having BSF is better then having something else. I can deal with this.
-Drapermom-
drapermom

Postby Jenn311 on April 16th, 2003, 9:05 am

Amen to that sister!
~Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Carolmarie on April 17th, 2003, 9:00 am

When I had my first twitch attack, I went to my trusted friend and chiropractor. The very first question he asked me is if I used any artificial sweeteners. I said no. If you are using anything with Nutra-Sweet (aspartame), try stopping and see what happens. I had experience with it years ago causing heart paplpatations. My husband went into a depression in December and interestingly, that's one of the first questions the psychiatrist asked him. There's a book called "Aspartame: Is It Safe?". You can get it at the library. You will be shocked.
Carolmarie

Postby dave_stereophonic on April 18th, 2003, 4:46 am

I definately agree with the caffeine thing - although recently I've been drinking caffeine and not noticed much of a change. I think for me anxiety has exaccerbated the problem, and I've recently moved out of my university accommodation which had me on edge constantly. Of course caffeine is in everything now, so not drinking tea and coffee might not be the only thing you should try - less chocolate and coke etc might help.

To be honset, I think that we all eat a lot of crap (well I do anyway), and recently I've been eating a bit more healthily- having breakfast (I don't normally), and just having salad, fruit, and yogurt for lunch, without the normal chocolate, crisps, sandwiches with mayo etc, and I think that's made a difference. Also, I know that a lot of us are told we eat too much processed food etc, that are probably loaded with chemicles, additives etc that are probably doing our nerves no good at all. I'm sure if they did a study on organic diets or something they would find a significant finding.

Has anyone ever consulted an alternative therapist on BFS? I'm sure that there's herb or a type of tea that would help

Dave
dave_stereophonic

Postby tlotoxl on April 18th, 2003, 6:37 am

i would like to cut back on aspartame and msg, but it's almost impossible -- here in japan, anyway. i can't help but wonder if those additives are culprits, too.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dogdogman on May 7th, 2003, 4:54 pm

Hi all.

I must admit that I find some relief from exercise. The period after doing exercise is great. Hardly any twitches at all. Then once the post-exercise period expires the dreaded twitches come back. Therefore I just exercise a lot to at least get some temporary relief from this awful thing.
Some days are just complete hell. Surely there are some meds that can help me!
dogdogman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS