Pregnancy and Twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pregnancy and Twitching

Postby Katie on March 14th, 2003, 12:07 pm

Hi all,

Have any of the ladies out there ever been pregnant and had twitches? I had my first baby 7 months ago, and my twitches started about one month after I had him. They've continued on & off -- I actually thought they went away for good in January [I was twitch-free for one whole month], but I got a very bad cold/bronchitis and right after that cleared, the whole thing came back again in full force. I have good days and bad days now.

My question in -- I'd like to try to get pregnant again in a few months. [I'm in my early 40's and I'd like to try to have one more child if I still can.] I'd rather be past this twitching, but wonder if anyone here has been pregnant while they have had twitching symptoms and if so, have they gotten worse or better during and after pregnancy? I'm still trying to figure out if this might be some hormonal issue for me, since my twitching started so soon after my son was delivered.

Thanks for any suggestions and help.
Katie
Katie

Pregnant and twitching

Postby drapermom on April 15th, 2003, 11:15 pm

Katie,

Hi, I think that I might have an answer for you. I was diagnosed today with BFS :D I have a happy face because for 1 1/2 months we were faced with the possibility of MS. So my husband and I found that BFS was a lot better then MS. Anyways, I am Pregnant right now. I first experienced a lot of twitching when I was pregnant with my son - born in Feb. 2002, I had surgery to remove my gall bladder at 22 weeks, and since then have had increased twitching. I had a non-pregnancy period of 6 months, and now I am pregnant again due in May, but will probably have the baby early. I have experienced an increase in twitching and cramping in my feet with this pregnancy. Probably due to a lack of sleep, worrying about the possibility of MS, and dealing with my fourth pregnancy (which means taking care of 3 kids - and one more on the way - that's enough stress for anyone)
The Neurologist told me that I will probably continue to have more twitching for a couple of months until I can recover from my pregnancy, and that right after delivery I will probably have more facial twitching for a day or two, like I did with my last delivery, but that it will subside with less stress on my body.
Plenty of rest I have noticed has helped me. Right now I am on terbutaline to control Pre-term labor contractions, and I have found that although it does help the contractions, it makes the BFS worse. I have had a lot more twitching in all parts of my body since beginning the medication.
If you are worried about the twitching with pregnancy, and you do have BFS, my understanding is that it will not go away, but you will have periods of remission - pregnant or not, your going to have it if you have BFS, so the question is really, can you deal with 9-12 months of twitching that you will probably have anyways and bring a wonderful new baby to your family, or do you just not have a baby and deal with the twitching anyways?
Well that's my thought - hope it helped.
-Drapermom-
drapermom

Postby Jenn311 on April 16th, 2003, 8:38 am

Hey Katie...
Aren't babies great! I had the opposite expereince from Drapermom,...
Before my third pregnancy, I had been twitching for about 2 yrs, off and on...but I didn't suffer at all during my pregnancy...or at least I didn't notice them! And I had a normal dleivery as well, no problems!
I agree with Drapermom though...it's worth it to have another baby if you twitch or not...if that's what you want!
Bonne Chance!
Jen :D
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby drapermom on April 16th, 2003, 9:08 am

Katie -

I get the feeling that anything is possible with this BSF stuff, each person is going to react differently in different situations. So I say - go on with life as best as you can and find something good around the next corner! If you want a baby, have one! There needs to be more moms out there that want a child and have them, then moms who don't want children and have them. Kuddo's to you for wanting another.

Drapermom
drapermom

Postby Stephanie on July 3rd, 2004, 11:01 pm

I started twitching when I was 3 months pregnant and continued twitching after. I also wonder what will happen if I have another kid since it may have been the pregnancy that started this twitching.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on July 4th, 2004, 9:49 am

Stephanie,

Don't let the twitching stop you from having another child if you want one. Don't give this crap that kind of power over your life, it is not worth it.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Stephanie on July 4th, 2004, 11:09 am

you are right! It's hard to keep my wandering mind in check.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS