This is crazy

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

This is crazy

Postby MississippiMatt on July 14th, 2005, 3:00 pm

I'm relatively new here - have had fasciculations for about 5-6 weeks, with some other unusual symptoms a week or two prior. Anyway, due to my anxiety resulting from the twitching and perceived weakness, I've seen plenty of neurologists in the past two months. Each neuro exam has been unremarkable, with a clean MRI and two clean EMG's. Yesterday was the most recent appointment.

I should be on cloud nine. Yet the hoarseness and swallowing problems I've noticed as relatively minor have become more pronounced yesterday and today - the the point it feels like all food is getting caught at the top of my throat, I have to clear my throat frequently, my voice becomes hoarse quickly, and my mouth/throat often feels extremely dry. There is some mild pain when I drink something acidic or touch my throat, so I suppose I've irritated it. As I mentioned, these problems have been present, to a milder degree, the past few weeks. Unfortunately, the EMG never focused on any bulbar symptoms.

I read some others' experience of swallowing difficulty, but was hoping for a little reassurance that this progression would be extremely rare for ***.

Someone asked in another thread if people were low anxiety prior to BFS. While I've never been laid back, I've also never been hyper-focused on my health as I have the past few weeks - which makes all of this all the more odd/anxiety-provoking.
MississippiMatt

This is crazy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS