For Those who get the "shakes"

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

For Those who get the "shakes"

Postby Barb916 on April 20th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Hi all,

I've posted about this topic before...the shakiness or muscle/nerve quivering I feel right when I wake up in the morning. For those of you that feel this sensation, do you ever feel it during the day?

In the past few days, I've had the quivering feeling in my arms and legs through-out the day too. I'm trying to "ignore" it but I'm wondering why it happens all day long now. I don't feel weak, just this annoying quivering feeling.

No matter what I'm doing, walking, sitting, watching TV, working...I feel it. I don't have a nervous feeling in my stomach nor do I feel anxious. I just have this quivering feeling in my extremities.

Any one else have this going on? Looking for support.

Thanks,
Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Ginlyn on April 21st, 2005, 1:57 am

Barb,

I have felt this at times, in my legs and once in my arms.

I can't say that I get this often, but it has happened. When it happened, as a matter of fact, I remember becoming concerned about MS (which was years ago).

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby dwpierce on April 21st, 2005, 7:24 am

As I sit here typing my arm just shuttered for 3 seconds. I get his off and on. Like shaking, vibrating, it last for just a moment but is really a strange thing as it is my whole arm. It is like shivering only one spot and without a reason just random.
Dave
dwpierce

Postby TMcMahon on April 21st, 2005, 11:10 am

I have the quivering feeling in jaw (shivering like feeling) when I wake up in the morning and sometimes just as I fall asleep. It came on w/ the twitching ~1 1/2 years ago. I have explained it to the neurologist as a symptom (he shrugged and rolled his eyes) and have done many web searches on the sesation. During the day, I have the same feeling in one or both arms. It has stayed for days and then passed only to come back again.
TMcMahon

the quivers or vibrations

Postby iamtwitching on April 21st, 2005, 4:39 pm

I don't know about the quivers. I get the vibrations sometimes. It is a feeling like I have my cell phone on vibration mode in my pocket. A quick buzz/vibration then it stops.
iamtwitching

Postby EddieHenry on April 21st, 2005, 7:59 pm

I have what feels like a motor running/tremor/fluttering in the lower half of my body. It is primarily in my left leg yet I have other symptoms (such as tingling, vibrations and pins and needles) in my right leg. It has gotten worse over the last couple of months and increases throughout the day.
EddieHenry

Postby DeeDee on April 22nd, 2005, 9:22 am

Vibrations for me. Not sure if that can be classifed as quivering/shakiness.
DeeDee
DeeDee
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Barb916 on April 22nd, 2005, 9:53 am

Dee Dee

I guess I should have looked at this thread before sending you a PM. :oops: Sorry about that. You don't have to respond to the PM is you don't want since you answered here already.

Thanks,
Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS