ASMO looks similar to BFS

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

ASMO looks similar to BFS

Postby Alien Host on April 8th, 2005, 7:46 pm

Does any one know anything about the study of acquired spontaneous muscle overactivity?
It looks very similar to BFS,
I stumbled on to this when I started looking up all the blood tests my neuro (Dr. Dracula) has ordered. All of the technical terms blew me away and I got a brain fog trying to understand.
Alien Host
Hero
Hero

ASMO

Postby Davey on April 13th, 2005, 5:08 pm

So, you have Vlad the impaler for your neurologist? Sounds like a draining experience. :lol: (Sorry about the pun!)

I have never heard of ASMO, but it sounds like another acronym for BFS, PNH, CFS, etc.

They love acronyms. Docs also like Latin. Helps keep us laypeople in the dark! That is so they can say things like, "I think the etiology for your cephalgia is the inflammation of your trigeminal nerve caused by a misalignment of your mandible," and you'll just keep smiling through the whole thing.

:)
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

ASMO

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS