new user-tom's story

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

new user-tom's story

Postby evans on December 18th, 2002, 4:35 pm

I've had fasciculations since I was 23 years old. They started with strange fatigue in my legs and arms. I thought I was crazy so I didn't see a doctor and thank god I had no idea that they also were associated with als. The symptoms went away after 1 year but returned about 2 years ago. I unfortunately did an internet search and found als. This began my als scare because my leg fatigue returned with a variety of other subjective symptoms, I've seen my neuro three times in the last 2 years with 2 emg's and nerve conduction studies, all normal. He doesn't even believe i have fasics, they seem to calm down when i see him. I thought i was alone with this problem, I've never even told my family. Finding this website has helped me tremendously, it is good to hear other people suffer the same problem and have had their life's turned upside down by this horrible condition. I am now 33 and have had intermittant fasics for 9+ years and i still don't have als. So I hope this info re-assures anybody dealing with this problem
Tom
evans

new user-tom's story

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS