Muscle Shakes?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Muscle Shakes?

Postby CheckRaise on December 31st, 2004, 5:21 pm

Hello,

Wondering if fellow BFSers experience this symptom:

After using a particular muscle for awhile, say carrying a heavier item under your arm for a while, the muscle can start to tremble a bit if "half flexed" after the item is gone. This is not weakness per say, as the muscle had no problem with the load it was carrying. Only afterwards, when the load is no longer straining the muscle, the muscle seems to need extra time recovering, and shakes a little during this recover process.

Anyone else experience something similar?
CheckRaise

Postby Stephanie on December 31st, 2004, 8:23 pm

Yes, and I hear others mention it as well.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

shakyness

Postby Ish on December 31st, 2004, 11:02 pm

Now *that* I've had all my life. I think that is normal for everyone.

Though there is still some strange elusive shakiness that this BFS seems to cause, and it draws my attention to all things musular. And speaking for myself, shakiness is now an areas where I can't distinguish the new bfs stuff from normal muscle phenomena.
Ish

Postby Rolon on February 14th, 2005, 10:04 pm

How 'bout when you are sitting on chair and you raise knee by lifting your heal up off the floor, maybe 2 or 3 inches. Does your leg start to bounce?

Mine will do that occassionally. I know that I never had that happen before the twitching started.

Anyone else?

rolon
Rolon

Postby Ish on February 16th, 2005, 12:17 pm

Rolon wrote:...Does your leg start to bounce? ...

Yup, but I've had that (exactly) all my life. I think that one is completely normal for everyone w/ or w/o BFS.
Ish

Postby Ava on February 16th, 2005, 12:28 pm

I have the shake or jitter when I lift my left heal off the floor. I showed this to the doctor at the UCSF ALS center and she dismissed it and said it was normal. She said this even before my clean neuro exam and clean emg.

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

muscle shaking

Postby Davey on February 16th, 2005, 1:02 pm

The muscle shaking you are experiencing is called "essential tremor" in medical lingo and it is not serious. It is indicative of abnormalities of motor function, but does not occur in association with any disease. It is often times a normal part of aging, or response to stress in the body. It varies in severity and symptoms can fluctuate throughout the day. I would not worry about it. If you can hold a glass of water in the air without spilling it, you're fine.
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Barb916 on February 16th, 2005, 10:15 pm

CheckRaise,

Yes, I have and still do experience what you are talking about. I'd say I get that pretty much on a daily basis.

Now, I have a question for you. Do you also get a type of internal jittery feeling in your arms or legs too? I get this feeling quite often as well. This jittery feeling, I can't see unlike the other shakes, I've felt in my arms and legs alot recently. Ever have this?

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS