throat muscle twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

throat muscle twitching

Postby tusers on December 30th, 2004, 3:15 pm

does anyone experience throat muscle twitching? off and on i experience a slow up and down movement of a spot in my throat below my adam's apple. anyone else?
tusers

Postby dwl on December 30th, 2004, 3:34 pm

Oh yes!
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby tusers on December 30th, 2004, 11:38 pm

how long does it last. anything to help it?
tusers

Postby dwl on December 31st, 2004, 3:14 am

it lasts for a few seconds at a time & is very intermittent. Nothing helps except getting up & doing something to take your mind off it. I've twitched in worse places!
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on December 31st, 2004, 8:24 pm

I've had this too!
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

See another post ...

Postby Davey on February 16th, 2005, 1:15 pm

See my post for Throat Fatigue.
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ava on February 16th, 2005, 8:30 pm

I frequently get a twitch on my neck - not necessarily on the throat. It's just one of the many, many places that I twtich regularly.

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby Barb916 on February 16th, 2005, 10:10 pm

I too get twitching in my neck. In fact, just last week I was at working and talking to my manager when the left side of my neck starting twitching alot. I KNOW he saw it because I saw him eyes glance at my neck. I was so embarrassed :oops: . I didn't acknowlege the twitching ....I just kept talking!

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Johnny on February 16th, 2005, 11:49 pm

My wife just told me the side of her jaw/upper throat was twitching for about 30 seconds tonight. BTW, she never worries about her twitching. What a blissful life she lives - being married to me, not being fazed by twitching... :lol:
Johnny
Hero
Hero

Postby Cutte on February 23rd, 2005, 9:52 pm

yup. It used to bother me greatlly when this whole thing started, but now I accept it along with any other twitch my body presents. Funny, how much you can tolerate/ignore once you get used to a situation..... :?
Cutte

Re: throat muscle twitching

Postby Wells05 on July 11th, 2012, 5:25 pm

I HAVE THIS!! for the last 2 day's, only its on the outside of my body. Its between my throat and neck ( almost where you would take your pulse but more in the crease, throat area. Flickers in one spot. Anyone had this? Very weird flicker not like a muscle twitch its so weird! Not scared just weird. But what isn't with me LOL :)
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby twitcherHH on July 12th, 2012, 12:23 am

Wells05 wrote:I HAVE THIS!! for the last 2 day's, only its on the outside of my body. Its between my throat and neck ( almost where you would take your pulse but more in the crease, throat area. Flickers in one spot. Anyone had this? Very weird flicker not like a muscle twitch its so weird! Not scared just weird. But what isn't with me LOL :)

Yes. That's a freqeuent hotspot that comes and goes for me. Very irritating. Sometimes I wake up from it...
twitcherHH
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jujulia on July 12th, 2012, 4:36 am

Oh yes I get them too! A couple of days ago I asked my sister to check something behind my ear and while she was holding my neck with one of her hands she felt one. I feel them too most of the time.

Feel happy it's ''only'' on the surface of the neck... I've been hallucinating twitches inside the throat lately (along with my tongue and cheek twitches). Needless to say, it's very annoying and disturbing.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby Snoookie on July 13th, 2012, 3:36 am

Feel mine inner throat like Jujulia along with tongue twitches back of palate feels like it too, also lately i feel things get stranger and stranger happens most noticeably when i just retire to bed some creaking in my face as if the muscles or something is moving , clicks from the back of my nose/throat and fizzing sounds from my throat just below voice box yet i am not suffering any big deal of mucus but i have had hayfever for years and never experienced this before.
Snoookie

Postby Ghayes420 on July 16th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Snookie, I could copy and paste exactly what you just typed into the symptoms I am having as well right now. Lots of neck and throat twitching, more on the right side. It is very disturbing, but this is great to see that others have this going on as well.
Greg
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS