Myoclonus

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Myoclonus

Postby Barb916 on December 11th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Had a "new" experience last night. I've had the finger jerking movements happen before as many of us here have. However, last night was different. My middle finger kept bobbing up and down last night and it last for 6 hours ! It really started to scare me because it lasted so long. I could feel the spasm start in my elbow area and it made my middle finger move (occasionally my wrist too). My forearm was aching badly because it was having these spasms for such a long time. Toward the final hours my shoulder joined in the fun too.

I have had this happen before by only for a few minutes...not hours. Anyone else ever have this type of finger movement last for hours on end?

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Saundra Hearn on December 11th, 2004, 8:17 pm

Hi Barb,

No I haven't had exactly those type of twithces but it sure sounds like bfs is just working overtime for you :x I have read several of your post, and I know when something new happens to us it can cause fear, hope things calm down for you!

Take care,

~Saundra~
Saundra Hearn
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby speg on December 15th, 2004, 9:36 am

Barb,

I recently started having the finger jerks and it scared me. But it's mostly a one jerk thing. However, my brother, who has BFS, has the bobbing finger deal. I did have a twitching pointer finger once a few months ago that lasted three days. That was even before the other twitching started.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS