Needle sensations followed by jerks?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Needle sensations followed by jerks?

Postby pred on November 5th, 2004, 9:35 am

Hi everybody,

my name is Pred from Germany. I am so happy about finding this website and forum because I have various BFS symptoms for over 8 months and one can hardly find anything about BFS in German language.

One symptom that I had more often in the past few days and makes me anxious is that I experience a needle sensation (mostly on my toes or foot) followed by a leg jerk.

I haven't find any post related to such a similar symptom so I'd like to ask if anybody has same experiences?

Besides those needle sensations I have the "regular" muscle sensations typical for BFS.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards
Pred
pred

Postby shammontree on November 6th, 2004, 8:57 am

Pred,

I too have the needle sensation but I have it all over my body some times.
Also, a needle sensation in your foot could be from pressure on the Nerve root between L5 & S1 in your spine.

Mostly I have the needle sensations in both legs and both arms.

Sincerely,
SH
shammontree
Interested
Interested

Postby Ava on November 6th, 2004, 7:44 pm

HI,

I feel like a "pin *beep*" with many of my twitches, particularly on the back of my calves. Is that what you mean by a needle sensation? I've always assumed it was some sort of small electrical shock that made the muscle move. I find this to be the most bothersome part of my BFS. I almost wish I had the kind of twitches that you see but don't feel. I feel mine and see them when they happen (if I look for them).

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on November 8th, 2004, 10:44 pm

I get that often, I think since before my twitching. It feels like a very quick mild needle *beep* and then the limb will imediately jerk. My neuro called it a twitch that moves the joint but didn't elaborate on it, whether or not it means anything.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Stephanie on November 16th, 2004, 1:41 pm

I noticed something lately that I thought was weird. I'll get a pin p r i c k twitch/sensation on one foot and the knee of the opposite leg will jerk in response. It happens once or twice a day.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby LeeNC on November 16th, 2004, 10:13 pm

Stephanie, now that IS weird! :D
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Postby speg on November 23rd, 2004, 10:34 pm

I get this frequently as well! (Except mine is in the SAME leg!) I never could put it into words. It is bothersome, isn't it?

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS