to all those with constant foot twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

to all those with constant foot twitching

Postby Barb916 on November 4th, 2004, 8:13 pm

I have had sporatic twitching in my feet since the beginnning(7 months) but the last 3 weeks it has been CONSTANT in my left foot and ankle. I was never able see it before but now I can...which has me very frightened.

The stange thing is, the twitching I seem to feel constantly..I don't see. But if I look at my foot, I see all these twitches but I don't seem to feel the ones I see. (Except for the BIG ones that move a toe!) I know that sounds weird but that's what's going on. The twitching kinda feels more like a popping or tapping on the nerve feeling. Can anyone relate? Has anyone had this going on and showed/talked to a neuro about it? I also have a LOT of tingling/buzzing in this foot and ankle. BTW this is the foot that I have trouble moving some of my toes.

My EMG was done on this leg....5 months ago; and was normal. Of course I didn't have all these current symptoms at the time either. I'm not due back to the neuro until another month.

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on November 4th, 2004, 10:15 pm

Barb,

My feet (arches) are constantly buzzing/twitching. My big toe is also always bouncing around, every time I watch it. It's all pretty normal with BFS. How are your toes? Any improvement?

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Johnny on November 4th, 2004, 11:36 pm

Barb,

There was a time when I had very frequent twitches on the insides of my feet at the bottom. I hesitate to say constant, but they were present for a good while. Anyway, they did subside and when I got my EMG the doctor put needles right in the spots where I had been twitching. Of course he picked up no fasics on the EMG but I guess it's reassuring to know he stuck me right where the twitches had been. Was your EMG perfomed on the foot?

Johnny
Johnny
Hero
Hero

Postby Barb916 on November 5th, 2004, 9:12 am

Johnny

No, my EMG was not done on my foot. Just my 1 stick in my calf and 1 in my thigh...as far as my leg goes. He did other spots on me as well...arm and lower back.

My neuro said when I go back in Dec she might "consider" doing a repeat EMG. Well, I'm going to ask for it !

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Johnny on November 6th, 2004, 1:54 pm

Barb,

It's probably a good idea - but only for your peace of mind. Once your doctor sticks the needle right where you've been twitching - and it shows nothing like it will - then you will fell so much better. :D

Johnny
Johnny
Hero
Hero

Feet twitching

Postby Davey on November 19th, 2004, 2:52 pm

Barb -

I've had twitching in my feet and calves for over 3 years. It is constant and increases when I am active. In the evening, when I take my shoes and socks off and sit down, I feel like I have worms crawling in the insteps of my feet. When I bend my big toe downward, the arch cramps.

Sometimes I show friends and family my feet twitching and cramping to prove that I really do have a neurological disorder. In fact, it is the one place that I was sure that my Neurologist would see them. Sure enough, he said they were popping off like fireworks on the 4th of July!

Twitching in the feet and calves are very common. Think about it. The feet and calves support our entire body weight when we walk and run, so they are subject to a lot of abuse and stress. There is bound to be an impact on your nerves! So don't worry about them.
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Barb916 on November 19th, 2004, 4:20 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have another question. Do you also get twitching and tingling in you ankles too? I get it them on the sides, front and back of my ankles too.

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on November 19th, 2004, 7:12 pm

I get the foot, ankle calves and everywhere else twitching, vibrating and buzzing. I'm glad I'm not alone because at times it really gets me scared!
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Barb916 on November 19th, 2004, 10:02 pm

I hear ya Stephanie! I know the fear. It's a tough thing to overcome but I'm trying. Thanks for the conformation on the symptoms. Makes me feel better that others have the same annoying complaints!

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby speg on November 23rd, 2004, 10:32 pm

Add me to the list. As of tonight -- instep and ankle!

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Barb916 on November 24th, 2004, 6:42 pm

Peg

The holidays are coming.....and coming fast! I'm sure we are all going to start feeling a little more anxiety over the next month. At least I know I will! I'm also sure that the increased anxiety will probably send my symptoms into overdrive :x R U cooking the "feast" on Thurs? Maybe the extra stress of that is giving you a new hot spot !

Have a great Thanksgiving !

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby speg on November 26th, 2004, 11:46 am

Thanks, Barb.

In addition to the foot, both calves were twitching violently for a day or two.

Everything has calmed down once I got plenty of sleep over the past two nights. Now, it's the usual minimal left calf twitch and a random popper here and there.

I guess my week was more stressful that I thought.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS