Knees Buckling

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Knees Buckling

Postby Barb916 on October 22nd, 2004, 5:46 pm

I was just walking around in my kitchen and both my knees buckled! For no reason ! I didn't fall (I caught myself) but it scared the heck out of me :shock: All it takes is a little something to send me off the deep end.

This ever happen to anyone else????

By the way, my feet and especially left leg has been buzzing, twitching, and vibrating on overdrive for the past 2 weeks !

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby LeeNC on October 22nd, 2004, 6:54 pm

Barb:

You ask about buckling knees. This has happened to me all my life, even way before BFS. It doesn't happen often. I think it occurs when I get tired - I don't pay attention and then my weight shifts. (Though trim, I am about as far from athletic as a person can get.) Sometimes only one knee seems to buckle. I have undiagnosed back problems, so maybe that's a cause. I hope you feel at least a little better, knowing you're not alone.

--LeeNC
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on October 22nd, 2004, 10:08 pm

Barb,

It happens to me also. It probably has always happened ever now and then, but now I pay more attention to it.

Don't let that get you upset, it was just an odd occurence that you have focused on.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Bree on October 22nd, 2004, 10:38 pm

Barb,

This happens to me often, especially when going down stairs. It always gives me the willies too! I don't have an explanation for it, but its happened long enough that I assume its not serious. Try not to worry! By the way, have you heard from Hershey?

Bree
Bree

Postby Bree on October 22nd, 2004, 10:39 pm

Barb,

This happens to me often, especially when going down stairs. It always gives me the willies too! I don't have an explanation for it, but its happened long enough that I assume its not serious. Try not to worry! By the way, have you heard from Hershey?

Bree
Bree

Postby Bree on October 22nd, 2004, 10:40 pm

Sorry for the repeat above. That's the second time I've done that!

Bree
Bree

Postby Barb916 on October 23rd, 2004, 1:58 pm

Thanks for the support everyone ! I glad to know I'm not alone. Ya know, it's just ridiculious how evey little thing now bothers me. I NEVER used to be like this...honest!

Bree - no I have not heard anything from Hershey yet unfortunately.

Quick Update - My neuro did repeat a lot of blood work on 10/5...CBC, CRP, Immunoglobins, ANA and a couple others I can't remember. I just heard on Wed that all was normal. It seems that a lot of folks here have had labs done for muscle enzymes and vitamin deficiencies. I've never had those test, wonder why? I guess my docs don't think it's necessary but I know it would help me toward better mental health if I knew for sure that my mucles enzymes were not off the charts! My GP actually asked me if the neuro order a muscle enzyme test. I told her no. But then she didn't order it either..go figure.

My stress level has been very high lately (and so has my twitching, tremors, buzzing, popping etc). This weekend isn't going to help matters either. My husband is away on business for the weekend and of course there a thousand thing my girls have to go to...Girl Scouts, soccer, 2 birthdays, the laundry is piled sky high etc. To boot, my 3 years old threw up all over me, herself and the floor when we were out last night. YUK! (Sorry, that was probably too much info for some of you. But, I know there are moms out there that can sympathize !)

So, I can't imagine my symptoms are going to improve anytime soon. At least not this weekend!

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby jcavan4125 on October 23rd, 2004, 9:41 pm

Yeah, this happens to me often. Usually one knee or the other not both at the same time. I find it occurs more commonly the day after I have worked out my legs with weights, though it doesn't have to be the case. It used to freak me out too but I've learned to live with it. I've written it off to a variation of a fasciculation. Probably just another weird manifestation of BFS.
Joe... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"! - Nietzsche
jcavan4125
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby speg on November 29th, 2004, 2:40 pm

Yes! This happens to me! I think we are just paying more attention to it. For example, today I am wearing new shoes with rubber soles and have caught my foot on the carpet three times. I started to focus on it and get anxious and now that leg is buzzing, bugs crawling and twitching!

peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Anxiety?

Postby Davey on November 29th, 2004, 6:39 pm

Barb -

When you're anxious, sometime you feel "weak in the knees." It is natural when you're under stress.

I keep tripping over the rug in our kitchen and I'd wonder, "Am I dropping my foot? Is ALS starting?" But then again, I've been kinda clutzy all my life. I'd always trip over seams in the sidewalk, even 20 years ago. And I've always had a habit of sliding and shuffling my feet, even as a kid. I don't know why, just always did it.

It's always tough when you are anxious, because everything you do and feel is under a microscope. Just relax and join the world of the clutzes!
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Anxiety?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS