autoimmune proccess definate (doctor)

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby garym on September 26th, 2004, 7:47 pm

John_JR,

I have to say that I don't agree with you on one point. I believe that if you test negative for lyme, and you don't experience herx from ab treatment, it does diminish the possibility of lyme. Does it rule it out, no, but in the absence of herx. and with negative tests it certainly does reduce the possibility of infection. That said, I know how hard (or easy depending on the dr you see) it is to get a dx of lyme, and I would never want to rule anything out if it could help me/my health.

Gary
garym

reply to second post

Postby eric on September 26th, 2004, 9:55 pm

arron
I am on malarone and ketek antibiotic,, Im not a doctor but i think it works like this.
in lyme disease the "spirochete" multiplys in the body, at this time there are symptoms but nothing is found on any tests, eventualy at some point the patient has a fever and right after that the fasciculations start. the reason for the fever is because the immune system has seen the spirochete possibly as it is reproducing. usually the spirochete is cloaked in the very cell it has killed which is a good cell. the immune system did not see it before because it was cloaked. now the spirochete has emerged possibly because of stress on the patient where the immune system was not working to its full potential. now the immune system sees it , it thinks that the good cell is bad and starts to try to kill the cloaked spirochete , as it kills the spirochete it is taking good cells with it. the spirochete inhabits the nerves thus setting up an autoimmune condition where the body turns on itself.
now I took the drug malarone and Im not telling anybody to take it , iit stopped the burning and fatigue, I have alot more energy.
as far as antibodies this is a case where i think they are not involved.
I would tend to think that if it was lyme that bfs would accur after a high fever with chills and headache. at least that is what happened to me.
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on September 26th, 2004, 9:58 pm

eric-did you test pos for lyme, if so, were fasics & fatigue your only symptoms? I read somewhere that w/lyme you twitch mostly on the face and tip of tongue.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

twitching

Postby eric on September 26th, 2004, 10:16 pm

yes that is correct stephanie about three years ago I had a fever and right after that I started to twitch violently . severe fatigue and twitching of the face and everywhere on my body. they said it is possible that it was lyme but they treated at a low dose and nothing happened, I started to get worse after one year and there was a feeling like rubberbands for leggs. it then progressed to not bieng able to think and then swollen joints. it was awful as there was something terrible going on. I was told its in your head your depressed and suffer anxiety.
well after getting treated with the right antibiotic and the right antimalarial Ive gotten much better. they do know that some people do not respond to doxy and they have to try another drug. I had no responce to amoxxicilin even high dose, I swiched to another antibiotic and it worked. they now have alot of antibiotics for treating lyme but some strain require a different antibiotic. also in some patients like me my bands are ospc 38 wich is autoimmune. the people who took the lyme vaccine got this strain and they have an autoimmunbe disease.
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

twitching

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS