Back Twitches???

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back Twitches???

Postby Barb916 on September 21st, 2004, 7:19 pm

I've been have a major relapse of symptoms the past few days. Lots of buzzing, aching and twitching. I've been getting a lot of twitching in my back lately...near my shoulder blades and the back of my ribs. Anyone else twitch here ?

My right arm has been feeling strange lately too. It feels very "sensitive" if that make sense. It's almost like a hyper feeling but in my arm..sounds crazy I know. But that's the only way I can explain it. anyone relate?

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

o

Postby dont on September 21st, 2004, 7:30 pm

Yes I twitch in my back. Not as much there as other places but yes I do. It's usually level with my lungs or mid back. Sometimes but rare on my shoulders.

You are not alone. My legs are killing me this week too.

Karen
dont
Hero
Hero

Postby mike3456 on September 21st, 2004, 8:03 pm

I've had a least one twitch in the back in that area for sure. Also one that was very persistent in my abdomen just under my right rib. Twitched fairly consistently for like 5 minutes one time.

I've gathered from this forum twitches can happen just about anywhere there is a muscle! Someone can corrent me if I'm wrong.
-Mike
mike3456

:)

Postby dont on September 21st, 2004, 8:18 pm

Oh yeah. They can happen everywhere alright. Just you wait! :oops:

The second oddest place I have had them or at least the feel the oddest there is my eyebrows. I won't say where the first oddest place was.

Karen
dont
Hero
Hero

Postby Barb916 on September 21st, 2004, 8:37 pm

Oh I hear ya Karen. Never thought I could twitch in such places !
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby jasonh_22 on September 24th, 2004, 5:01 am

Yes, I think the upper-body (back, abdomen, ribs) twitches are the most annoying ones!!
jasonh_22

Postby Snert1324 on December 9th, 2004, 11:48 pm

I twitch in my back too, a doctor told me once that ALS sufferers have muscle twitches in the back especially...that's why when I twitch in my back I get really upset...it's good for me to hear that it happens to a lot of others as well.
Snert1324

Back twitches

Postby Davey on December 11th, 2004, 3:35 pm

Hey, I just had some twitches in my back last night. I've joined the club!

:P
Cheers,

Dave

Proud sufferer of Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome since June 2001.

"Do not fear death tomorrow so much that you forget to live today."
Davey
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Saundra Hearn on December 11th, 2004, 8:21 pm

You can count me in, YES I get back twitches all the time!!
Saundra Hearn
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

back twitching

Postby Slavin Balen on December 12th, 2004, 2:31 am

Me too! My back twitching and fingers moving from time to time drive me crazy. Now I'm 9+ into twitches saga (including 4 clean EMGs and 10+ good and normal neuro exams). My Neuro also have eyelid twitching. Not only years, even decades.
Slavin
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby Heater on December 12th, 2004, 11:10 am

Barb,

I get twitches all over the place, including my back. Although the twitching is most prevalent in my lower back, I get them below the shoulders as well.

It was the lower the back twitches that really got me worried last winter. They started out as the real thumper type, and when they hit, the muscles wouldn't just twitch once, but a number of times in quick succession. I still get them there now and then, and a sneeze is sure to set one off, every time.

I'm wondering, does anybody else get "sneeze induced" twitches?

Cheers,
Heath
Heater

Postby Stephanie on December 12th, 2004, 8:15 pm

My back twitches too. It was out of control after my spinal tap.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Pasics Pete on December 12th, 2004, 8:35 pm

Personally, I think some people get worked up over twitches in new areas for no logical reason. I've never read anything that indicates twitching in a "different" area means something specifically pathological.
Pasics Pete
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Barb916 on December 12th, 2004, 9:38 pm

Pete

This forum is to offer support and to share similiar experiences. Not to knock people down for posting their experience.

I see from your post you've been twitching for 7 YEARS. Some of us are still in the MONTHS time frame and aren't quite at the "acceptance" level you are at. You've had many many years to become "at peace" with your symptoms. I glad you are past all the worry and/or concern regarding twitching.

Also, logic has nothing to do with anxiety or worry. In fact, many people "logically" realize that some of their fears may be unwarrented. However, that does not stop the worry.

Barb
Barb916
Hero
Hero

Postby Pasics Pete on December 13th, 2004, 5:22 am

Barb916 wrote:Pete

This forum is to offer support and to share similiar experiences. Not to knock people down for posting their experience.

Barb

In no way was my post a "knock" on people for their experiences. It was merely an observation.
I apologize to those who may have felt my post was a criticism.
Best,
-Pete
Pasics Pete
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS