first day coming out of the fog

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby whatnext on September 7th, 2004, 9:03 pm

Today was the first day in about three months that my right leg didn't ache and the first day in as long that perceived weakness didn't keep me from wanting to go to work. Last night was the first night's sleep I've had in weeks, and if I twitched once during the night I didn't notice it. I slept right up until the alarm went off at 6 am. I had to teach an 8:00 class but I was still a bit lightheaded from the zoloft (and stuffy sinuses) so I called in sick. However, after visiting my doc to tell him about the events of last night I felt fine and went on to work for my other class. I told my doc that I discovered this page about BFS and he said he'd heard of BFS, but I'm wondering why he never told ME about it? :-) I also asked if he'd be willing to refer me to a neurologist for an emg so I can put this completely behind me. He agreed, and I'm awaiting the call for the appt. I didn't want to be the only one here without the official okee dokee.

I just tried to explain the events of this summer to my mother. I don't think she completely understood it all, and I'm not yet sure that I do either. Anxiety is a terrible thing and very nearly made a hypondriac agoraphobe out of me. It's good to be in control again.
whatnext
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS