10 year check in

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

10 year check in

Postby Richard on January 16th, 2017, 8:24 am

April 30, 2004 at the age of 35 was when I had my surgery L5 S1 for a herniated disc.

About two years later I started using Dr. Google and found myself on aboutbfs.

Now I am 48 I still have symptoms. For the most part I have lived a full life. But there are days like today (we all have them) so I thought I would check in.

The good news is my son is now 18 and my daughter is 15. If you are a young parent know that you can do this!

If you are a young person who is now having to deal with their mortality, I understand. This has been an continues to be my biggest problem. The idea that from here on out my body is likely to go downhill than get better. This is a tough nut to crack. I find it helpful to keep in mind that nobody gets through this life without scars. They can be physical, emotional, financial, etc.

I have nerve damage and symptoms caused by it. But I still have a great wife. Great kids. A fulfilling career. I am close to my parents. My faith has improved (though that waxes and wanes). So if you get any or all of these in addition to BFS at 48 I think you got off easy (or at least I think I got off easy).

So try to keep your head up and keep going. Someday you too will do a 10 year check-in. Cheers.
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

10 year check in

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS