Did anyone feel weak and fatigued after EMG?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Did anyone feel weak and fatigued after EMG?

Postby mina on August 27th, 2004, 6:11 pm

I'm just feeling really weak (especially my left arm) and totally drained after my EMG test yesterday. Did anyone feel this way after the test? Btw, my EMG test came out clean.

Thanks.

Mina
mina
Interested
Interested

Postby amy_twitch on August 27th, 2004, 6:44 pm

Hi Mina,

Fatigue and BFS can go hand in hand. Although, given your clean EMG, I'm going to guess that your fatigue might be stemming from relief.

I know that might sound odd, because one would think relief would provide an extra boost of energy. You probably experienced such a 'high' after getting your EMG results, that your body is now 'crashing' from letting go of all that pent-up stress you had prior to the test.

I hope that makes sense.

Now that you mention it, my worst bouts of fatigue came shortly after my EMG as well. It must be our bodies telling us 'it's time to let go of the stress' and just relax a little bit.

I'm sure you'll bounce back and have full energy in no time!

Amy
amy_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on August 27th, 2004, 8:48 pm

Mina,

I've had three emg's, and after each one I had muscle soreness and fatigue. That probably has to do with the fact that I've had extreme exercise intolerance, and contracting all those muscles lead to soreness and fatigue. It will get better, and do not allow that fatigue and soreness to lead to doubt. I know how easy that can happen, so fight that temptation.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby puggriffey on August 29th, 2004, 1:22 pm

Mina,

What you are experiencing is a classic post-traumatic response. I had the same thing - excitement and joy that day...fatigue and "weakness" the next several. So much so, it actually threw me into a funk (maybe the test was done too early or was wrong??). Now I know I was just being silly, but it's a great reminder that this thing never FULLY goes away, and BFS may be with you to stay for some time.

Channel your positive energy - write down how good you felt getting the news, and what the doctor said. As BFS lingers on, there will be times you'll need a "refresher course" on good positive energy. But DO enjoy your life and all the good things that go with it.

JG
puggriffey
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS