Reassuring 3 yr update

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Reassuring 3 yr update

Postby anxiousmd on February 9th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Hi there, I am a doctor who first posted here( only once or twice) in 2012. I thought I would update you all on my BFS experience as a means to transmit reassurance. In October 2012, I started with eye twitch for two weeks, then a brief lip twitch, which set me on the Dr. google terror trip of ALS/MS and then lo and behold about two weeks later started body wide twitching...big thumpers ( calves and even biceps). The body wide twitching didn't last long but my anxiety was up to 1000%. It all eventually died down, although I was left with a recurrent eye twitch ( in the opposite eye to the first time) which came and went for 2 years. The eye twitch sometimes gets brought on by sneezing.The eye twitch comes out during times of increased tiredness eg. Night shift, jet lag, etc...but in all fairness ,as the years past ,my anxiety about all this has reduced, and even the frequency of the eye twitch has lessoned...being barely present over the last few months.
All of this is so wierd. I definitely have hypochondriasis and I wonder is there a somatoform aspect to BFS. During the height of it, I was super stressed, preparing to emigrate to the US. I never had weakness..ever. But I did have the occasional buzzing or "phantom text" feeling.When these wierd symptoms very occasionally pop up...like a tingle over a biceps or chin...I say to myself "It's just BFS"..and usually it disappears within hours. Whatever this was (or is) the symptoms are real but also highly related to tiredness, stress and hypochondriasis. I also found out that lots of "normal " people get them too. I never went to a neurologist or got MRI/EEG . So in essence, I wasted so much time and energy on worry, and I am sad about that, but the reassurance on this website helped me through.
I wish you all well.
anxiousmd

Reassuring 3 yr update

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS