CLEAN EMG!!!!! Okay, now I am an official BFS Twitcher

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

CLEAN EMG!!!!! Okay, now I am an official BFS Twitcher

Postby mina on August 26th, 2004, 6:23 pm

I just got back from my EMG -- my neuro said I have one of the most cleanest EMG she has seen. WOW!!

I was actually shocked to hear that since I had been thinking I must have some other neuron disease if not ALS -- but no, she said I have NOTHING. The EMG didn't show any fasciculations or fibrillations. Very surprising, given that I have buzzing, tremors, twitches (big and small) all day long.

So....I am an official BFS twitcher now. :).

Anyway, thought I'd let everyone know. Now I even wonder if I wasted my money getting this EMG since I did have a clean neuro exam (which my doc told me tells alot in the first place). But what the heck -- I did it and it has made me feel so much better.

Thanks for listening!

Mina
mina
Interested
Interested

Postby garym on August 26th, 2004, 8:11 pm

Mina,

Congrats! No fibs, no fascics and a totally clean emg. What great news. Now get on with your life, and don't give the twitches another thought.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Brian_B on August 27th, 2004, 1:08 am

good news, congradulations
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ava on August 27th, 2004, 2:47 pm

Great news Mina! I got my clean emg from UCSF on the same day as you - let's party girl!

All the best to you and be well!

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS