cover up threatens your health

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Damian on September 1st, 2004, 8:43 am

Eric,

I too am interested in your case, since my property borders a forest in Southern Connecticut. My wife thinks that I should get to a Lyme literate doctor even though I have had 3 negative lyme tests through my GP.

Damian
Damian
Damian
Interested
Interested

Postby Arron on September 1st, 2004, 7:09 pm

Well here we go again. First off, there is no "cover-up" of anything, and as someone said in an earlier post, "we are not all microbiologists or doctors here", and that may be true, but I do have to say that I, myself, have been working with several doctors and neurologist buddy's of mine for about 4 years now on this stuff with a totally un-biased approach to finding what causes and/or what relieves BFS, and so far, not only do we have no hard answers, the many other individuals involved that my doctor buddies talk with for added support / information also have no new answers. So no, I may not be a micro biologist or a doctor, but I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that I and my friends in the variaous sections of the medical community have done WAY more research on BFS than ANY number of neuro's out there.

Neuro's shouldn't be wasting their time on something that is benign when there are thousands and thousands of people DYING of MUCH more serious diseases. In fact, it would *beep* me off if I found-out that neuro's dropped the ball on things like MS and ALS and the MANY other SERIOUS problems out there to find some "cure" for something that is bothersome at best! You think BFS has pain and is an inconvenience? Try telling that to someone who suffers from constant migranes! You haven't even felt pain or been inconvenienced yet compared to that, and migranesd are MUCH more common than BFS, by a long shot! Ever see a TV commercial for BFS? No, but you see them all the time for headaches and migranes, so which one do YOU think is more common??

I can also say that randomly taking a regiment of antibiotics is not only unhealthy, it is down right damaging to your system and it WILL cause serious bacterial resistant problems in your system, so when you really do need the help of an antibiotic, they may not work and you "can" die of something that is normally "curable". Ever hear of multi drug resistant TB? TB has been curable for decades now, but because of the rampant over use of antibiotics, there is a new strain out there that does not react to antibiotics anymore and is killing people.

Know this and know this well, antibiotics ONLY work against BACTERIA. They do nothing for viruses or autoimmune disorder's. Try curing something like Lupus with antibiotics and see what happens? You'd die before you ever even got through the regiment. This is why doctors are now saying it is a never ending battle to find new variations of antibiotics, because of the rampant abuse of randomly prescribing them for colds, the flu and allergies. Antibiotics do NOT affect any of those!

It is EXTREMELY dangerous and completely irresponsible for someone to come on here (such as eric) and "preach" to people about needing to take serious regiments of antibiotics.

I am warning you eric, if you do not stop this BS, I will terminate your membership, erase all of your posts and block your two IP addresses from accessing this site. I already warned you once and this is your last warning. STOP! If you and other's want to talk about or get information on Lyme disease, then I suggest you go to a Lyme disease based forum.
Arron

lyme disease

Postby eric on September 2nd, 2004, 10:02 pm

dear arron
I have tried to tell the people of this forum about lyme disease and its effects
on the body, I have also tried to give a hope that maybe it might be a cureable type of thing going on. who knows if it is but I can tell you to get tested but the test are not accurate. how is one to know that they have it if the tests are no good. well anyway Id like to let you know that before i logout for good that there are five people on this forum who were found to have lyme disease. Im glad that my persistence payed off as they are on there way to recovery. as for everyone else on this site I wish you health and happiness.
over and out
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby eric on September 2nd, 2004, 10:51 pm

Specialized wrote:Eric, im sorry I cant answer your questions as I am barred from talking to you about lyme disease, the moderater "arron" feels that lyme disease is better suited for a lyme disease forum, even though some people may present on this board.
as for did I have lyme disease "yes" did I have bfs "yes" the rest I cant go into. hope that helps!
eric
Did you have Lyme disease? If so, what were your symptoms? I'm interested in your case.
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby eric on September 2nd, 2004, 10:58 pm

Damian wrote:Eric,Im sorry I cant get into lyme disease with you as I am barred from talking about it , the moderater "arron" feels that this subject is better off on the lyme forums, even though some people with lyme may post here. you need a doctor who treat lyme disease in your area, orange county is a place with good doctors. id post the doctors name but I dont think they want me to do that. i had many negatives even though I had a positive rash. I wish you the best .
follow your instincts!
eric

I too am interested in your case, since my property borders a forest in Southern Connecticut. My wife thinks that I should get to a Lyme literate doctor even though I have had 3 negative lyme tests through my GP.

Damian
eric
Hero
Hero

Update BFS in a Nutshell

Postby John_JR on September 25th, 2004, 2:10 am

Arron,

It’s understandable that you prefer not wanting a bunch of “Lymies” on your forums. However, judging by the posts I’ve seen in the past (including this thread) it looks as though you do. In the "BFS in a Nutshell" sticky, you currently only have two sentences that briefly touch base on this topic. Perhaps you should update it to include a paragraph of information on Lyme, the similarity of symptoms, difficulties in diagnosis, and where to find more information. If indeed manifestations of Neurological Lyme Disease are similar or even identical to that of BFS, then I believe you owe it to properly inform your members here so that they can make informed decisions and seek the proper help. Just a suggestion as it might avoid posts like this in the future.
John R.
John_JR

alienate

Postby graberc on September 25th, 2004, 7:44 am

Through his harsh and idioticly illogical arguments Eric has caused people to overlook a possibility.

I thought this link on http://www.braintalk.org was interesting, and my next Doctor Opp. I may ask about a lyme Test

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/sho ... hp?t=40506
graberc

harsh

Postby eric on September 25th, 2004, 8:44 am

I most say that the truth is that Im bieng harsh but in an idiot , alot of people on this site found that they had a vector born infection, they dont post here because there sick of telling people on this site about lyme disease I on the other hand feel that if I can save one person then Im am doing all right .
if you have a lyme test and you have any bands then you have lyme disease or some disease they dont know about yet. I am telling you the truth and if you dont listen to me well then suffer. at this point I would say that your problem right now is that you have an autoimmune condition, yes your body in my opinion is bieng attacked by your very own immune system. there is no headaches, no test results that wil point towards lyme and the reason its in the nerves not the blood. when you go to the doctor you better get referred to a llmd doctor that deals with infections of the nerves. i dont know where you live but you need to find one pronto. 80% of people never get a lyme rash and they dont know there infected. I can tell you right now that you think that I am harsh and yes I am when it comes to you suffering, if thhis is what I think it is it can be treated. dont wait.... this is the only cure for someone who has bfs that was caused by lyme disease, I dont know about any other diseases that cause bfs that were cured.
follow your heart and dont take benign for an answer get the truth.
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

harsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS