cover up threatens your health

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

cover up threatens your health

Postby eric on August 25th, 2004, 10:06 pm

there is growing evidence that alot of neuro problems are caused by infectious disease, doctors dont know how to treat it and dont want to get involved because the testing is so poor . the insurence company dont want you to know because they will have to pay for long term therapy that will be very expensive for them. so why treat you they can just say it is benign and there off the hook but you as the patient are not.
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

evidence

Postby graberc on August 26th, 2004, 8:57 am

I am afraid you will have to back up such claims with evidence. Studies, clinical evaluations, news articles. . .

You can't go around making grandiose claims without having evidence.
graberc

claims

Postby eric on August 26th, 2004, 8:01 pm

what makes you think I dont have evidence? do you think that I would say something like that just to because i want to start a rumor, get real it is real and if your smart you will do your homework just as I have! infection causes bfs!!! i lived it , I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU BUT IT SEEMS THAT EITHER YOU DONT GIVE A HOOT, OR YOUR IN SOME SORT OF DENIAL. i DONT HAVE BFS ANYMORE BUT YOU DO. ISNT THAT SOMETHING, I HAD BFS AND NOW ITS GONE, HOW DID IT GO? WELL i DID NOT SAY TO PEOPLE WHO WERE TRYING TO HELP ME "WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SUBSTANTIATE THAT FACT" I LISTENED, WHILE ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT A CURE FOR A DREADFUL DISEASE LIKE ALS WHICH MOST PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD DONT HAVE. IF YOU WANT TO STAND BEHIND YOUR NEURO,S AND THINK THEY ARE RIGHT GO AHEAD BUT IF YOU GET WORSE AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED YOU WOULD BE PREETY UPSET. IF IT IS AUTOIMMUNE AND ALOT OF TIMES IT IS YOUR BODY IS BIENG ATTACKED, NO FEVER JUST WIERD NEURO STUFF GOING ON AND AS THE INFECTION AND THE BODY DUKE IT OUT IT TAKES PARTS OF YOUR BODY WITH IT . YET THERE IS NO TEST THAT WILL PICK IT UP BECAUSE IT IS IN THE NERVES AND NOT IN THE BLOOD .i CAN BACK MYSELF UP ON EVERYTHING IVE SAID, I LIVED IT THE NEURO ALMOST KILLED ME AND WHEN i GOT SO BAD HE SID IM SORRY BUT WE CANT TEST FOR THESE THINGS. THEY DONT TRAIN NEURO'S TO FIND INFECTIOUS DISEASES PERIOD. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ASK A NEURO. ANYWAY MY GOOD DEEDS FOR THIS YEAR ARE OVER DONT BELIEVE ME! THEN BY ALL MEANS SUFFER , I GAVE YOU HOPE.!
eric
Hero
Hero

sorry

Postby graberc on August 26th, 2004, 9:55 pm

Hey,

if you have homework then share it with the class. . i'm sure we would all love to be rid of BFS
graberc

lyme

Postby eric on August 26th, 2004, 11:31 pm

i had an infection of the nervous system that caused bfs, it is an autoimmune disease. the only way to stop this disease is to take antibiotic at very high dose plus other meds to stop the autoimmune process. it takes a year to reverse the disease. lyme diseaser is a cousin of syphilis causing, physciatric,neurologic,cardiac,bfs and other symptoms. it is the great imitator because of its presentation. simply put there is infamation of the central nervous system. and as a result there will be an attack on peripheral nerves, the spirochete or other organism will be right in the path of the firing neuron causing missfire. myoclonus also accurs especialy at night. the hypothosis for why only at night is that the brain has shut down and the organism goes unchecked in the brain, there are no killer t cells in the brain so the germ duplicates and spreads. after taking antibiotic for an extended period the germ load reduces but the brain takes along time to clear because the infection is profuse thru every cell of the body. now that is the truth..
if you believe what ive said and you do have an infection then this will prove to change your life and give you a new lease on life.
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby dwl on August 27th, 2004, 12:40 am

go away
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby jasonh_22 on August 27th, 2004, 2:59 am

<<<<the only way to stop this disease is to take antibiotic at very high dose plus other meds to stop the autoimmune process>>>>

Isn't it dangerous to take drugs which basically shut down your entire immune system...??
jasonh_22

autoimmune

Postby eric on August 27th, 2004, 7:33 am

it is not shuting off your immune system it is changing and dulling the attack on the immune system.
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby Arctic Cat Rider on August 27th, 2004, 1:38 pm

Actually, I think I'd rather twitch then take *any*, let alone high dose, of antibiotic.

JMO
Arctic Cat Rider

Postby Arctic Cat Rider on August 27th, 2004, 1:39 pm

And if you think antibiotics don't do some damage themselves, you better continue your research.

Killing of healthy bacteria can set one up for all kinds of other problems.
Arctic Cat Rider

Postby puggriffey on August 29th, 2004, 12:57 pm

I'm sure at some point there were folks swearing by cutting off limbs to prevent gangrene too. The "one size fits all" approach doesn't work here, I'm afraid.

Eric, I'm happy for you and your cure. Lyme disease is a dreadful disease, and it's nice to know your antibiotic treatment worked so well. Unfortunately, not everyone here has lyme disease, and the medical community IS a little more acutely aware of the phenomena you describe than you believe. Give us and our many highly qualified physicians (neuros and otherwise) a little more credit.

JG
puggriffey
Hero
Hero

i never said that

Postby eric on August 30th, 2004, 9:01 pm

i never said that everyone has lyme, I said that lyme disease and other infections can and do cause bfs. there may be people on this forum that do not have such an infection. I am only saying that there may be a reason for your bfs, its a" tip" but its not across the board that everyone would have it.
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

Don't shoot the messenger

Postby John_JR on August 31st, 2004, 12:01 am

Eric does deserve some credit here. Although he comes across as very passionate about his convictions (good reason too), don't label him off as some conspiratorial crack-pot. The reality is that none of us here are doctors or micro-biologists, so don't be so quick to knock what you don't fully understand.

There are indeed pathogens that can cause neuro problems as in BFS. I myself have done plenty of research and have shared plenty of links and ideas on this forum. FACT: My wife "contracted" BFS from me. If that's not proof, I don't know what is! I'm going on year 15 with this affliction, and my wife is going on year 3. And, yes our symptoms match so many of you on the forum. BFS - a new STD? Why not??

Agreed, not all twitch here for the same reason, but I do believe a good majority are related to a neurological infection (under diagnosed by the medical community), and this is the group that eric is trying to address.

The sad part - these types of infections are very hard to detect. It really does no service to anyone to scream "infection related" when most of us here can't obtain a proper diagnosis even if we tried. And I think this is why eric is being ridiculed on this board. There is no secret motive here or ajenda, he's just trying to help those here that might need it.
John R.
John_JR

thanks

Postby eric on August 31st, 2004, 8:38 pm

that is really what I am trying to get across to the people of this site. sometimes I get angry because I am trying to prove my case and my views against the almighty medical community. they say what proof do you have and i say me!
I just hope that when you go over with your doctors what is going on with yourself and symptoms that you dont take the doctors diagnoses if you feel it may be something else. trust your instincts.
thanks john for sticking up for me I get somewhat irate when I see people suffer. and then get ridiculed. but heck all I care about is that everyone one this forum the best of health, and an end to bfs.
eric
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby Specialized on September 1st, 2004, 8:18 am

Eric,

Did you have Lyme disease? If so, what were your symptoms? I'm interested in your case.
Specialized

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Experiences with BFS