Heading into 3rd year now...

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Magiga569 on November 5th, 2015, 12:34 pm

I am at the 2 1/2 year mark for twitches - they first began for me in June 2013, with large twitches in my arms & legs. Since, I have had them everywhere - arms, legs, feet, hands, back, butt, face, eyelids, eyeball (my newest one, which I find so irritating). I had an MRI in 2013 which found nothing. My GP asked me quite a bit of questions the first time I mentioned the twitches, which immediately made me nervous, but never mentioned an EMG, and I have always been terrified to get one. Sometimes my twitches are worse, sometimes barely there, though lack of sleep and stress usually intensify them for me. I have not experienced any weakness, though sometimes when they are bad I feel as though I am more tired and weak. I find I go through periods of reassurance when I keep reminding myself of all the posts I've read on here that state fasiculations without weakness are not to be feared, and not indicative of something worse, which keeps me going for a while - until I find my twitches are ramping up, or popping up in a new place (like my right eyeball, which just started recently). What also triggers me is that occasional article or program you come across that mentions someone who developed twitching and then... and I find myself in a real fear cycle again. Or when I worry about things that could trigger it or make it worse, like the shingles I had three years ago, or the amalgam fillings I have that are now decaying and are having to be refilled. What gets me through is encouraging posts I see from others, and reminding myself that if in 2 1/2 years I have no other symptoms, that is a good sign. I guess that is all I can recommend to everyone else out there, too - keep reminding yourself that without accompanying symptoms, these are benign, and they will wax and wane, for reasons not yet understood. Reading posts from others with similar experiences who have been there also helps. The hardest part for me is not getting caught up in the cycle of fear and giving in to it, but I know that I am not alone, and know that you are not alone.
Magiga569
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS