Increased twitching with PMS

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Increased twitching with PMS

Postby Sahti on August 16th, 2004, 1:55 am

I've noticed that my BFS increases during pre menstrual syndrome, during the cycle, and even post menstrual.

Anyone relate?

My IBS also flares up as well. It may be linked to the low progesterone theory... posted in the general topics forum by graciesmom. And yet another fruitless connection unrevealed. lol. :)
"The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them." - Stephen King
Sahti

Yes

Postby dont on August 16th, 2004, 10:20 am

About two to three days before I start my twitching doubles and once the big day hits it goes back down. I read where you said your problems started with Ortho Tri Cyclin which is interesting to me because I started taking it in December but stopped in the middle of the pack because it was making me sick to my stomach. I did also have panic attacks that started in January and then the twitching started.

Karen
dont
Hero
Hero

I can too

Postby graciesmom on August 16th, 2004, 12:22 pm

I did not take the pill after my first child because I wanted to track my cycles and find out when I ovulated. Well my symptoms flared up not being on the pill. I kept off of it though and tracked my cycles and I would notice that my symptoms flared right at ovulation (when estrogen is at it's peak) and right before my period would start (when progestrone drops off). Maybe if you are not on any pill, you could try tracking your cycles for a month or two and keep track of your sypmtoms as they correspond with your cycle. Maybe then you can determine at what point in your cycle you feel better and get on a pill that would help. Or maybe you could even try the new Seasonale pill where you do not have periods for three months straight. That would eliminate the problems you have witht he PMS issues. I also think that a monophasic pill would help because your hormones are leveled out and not flucuating all of the time. When I was on Ortho Novum 7/7/7 at the start of all this I felt the worst ever.
graciesmom

Postby Stephanie on August 17th, 2004, 10:24 am

I was pregnant when the twitches started. Talk about being hormonal!
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby speg on August 17th, 2004, 12:24 pm

I started my period today with horrible cramping and non-stop calf twitching. I was also on Clomid last month, and my twitches were almost non-exsistent.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS