slight arm and hand (left) discoordination & weakness)-h

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

slight arm and hand (left) discoordination & weakness)-h

Postby Carrie Kaelin on August 11th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Hi! This is my first post. I was diagnosed with BFS in 1999. One of my complaints at that time was definite arm and hand weakness and discoordination. The neurologist could not detect it, but I could. I was diagnosed with BFS and the weakness subsided in a few months. Now it is back in full force, as well as cramps in my feet when I point toes up or down. (The twitches have never gone away). Has anyone else ever experienced weakness and incoordination? I fear ALS. I have a MD appt. Friday. Thanks. Carrie
Carrie Kaelin

Postby Stephanie on August 11th, 2004, 8:46 pm

If this has been going on for 5 years it is not & could not be als. It's not the nature of that disease. Many people have the symptoms that you describe, sometimes never finding a cause, but be assured that you do not have als. That disease does not come and go nor would you have it and still be walking. Those are facts told to me by several neurologists.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Stephanie on August 15th, 2004, 10:05 pm

Also, the cramps that may occur in als (and are also common in most people--think of all the cramp alleviating drug ads you see in mags) occur spontaneously, not because of pointing your toes. I can often feel a cramp when I point my toes. I think that is normal.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

slight left arm weakness & discordination

Postby Brendon on September 1st, 2004, 6:32 pm

Hi

I was diagonised with BFS three months ago. I too suffer from a slight weakness in the left arm and thumb muscles but it seems to be only when I start using it after a spell and it does gets better with use i.e I regain better muscle strength and coordination after repetitive use.

I twitch after exercise sometimes but it has got better with magnesium supplements. I still get burning sensations on my arms and legs and eating chicken can make it worse so I no longer eat it.( Its a shame because I really liked it) . I am currently going to a vibrationalist who seems to be helping but reading what everyone else says here I will wait a few more months before I annouce any miracle cures.

Brendon :lol:
Brendon

slight left arm weakness & discordination

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS