9 month update, and almost a year since first twitch.

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

9 month update, and almost a year since first twitch.

Postby WhatNow? on June 12th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Just wanted to check in, because I was once a new twitcher and very worried about what was happening with me. I only posted once, lurked and read an awful lot, and then tried my best to just live my life and accept my new normal. My symptoms ran the gamut, starting last July. I am happy to say that I have not gotten any worse. In fact, as a whole the twitching has gotten better. I still twitch. If my hand falls asleep it goes gangbusters. My tongue still reminds me it is there with the occasional twinge, and the areas of my old hot spots are still my most active, even though they are better. In October I began having active Meneire's disease episodes, with screaming tinnitus and weekly vertigo. It put my twitching definitely on a back burner. After that, I began trying to manage my stress levels and finally was put on Prozac for anxiety and depression, and began to see a counselor. I know that it will not help everyone, but these two actions are what lessened my BFS the most. I still have what appears to be atrophy of my thenar region, but after reading more I am realizing that it is probably subcutaneous fat loss. I also have loss in my knee, with a really sunken area when I hold it a certain way. I am quite certain that I have nerve compression issues in both hands, as I regularly have symptoms of carpel and cubital tunnel syndrome, with numbness and shooting pain, so if it is true atrophy, I contribute it to that. I do have some grip weakness as a result, but my dexterity and fine motor is otherwise fine. My general endurance is fine, my speech is fine. I am pretty much fine. Not perfect. Not exactly where I want to be, but I am OK. :D One thing that I do notice is that my hands sometimes tremor, and I was wondering how many of you have noticed that symptom as well. If you have gotten this far, thanks! I hope that time has passed and things have gotten less scary for others as well.
WhatNow?

Re: 9 month update, and almost a year since first twitch.

Postby wookiette on June 14th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Hello, I came back on this forum because just like you it's a year since i have the first twitch. I can tell you i almost could have written all you wrote :D !

Last summer i was frightened, then see my psy, (i took no "medicament" - excuse the vocabulary, i'm french), then i had less and less twitch. No atrophy but i imagine some from time to time (in hand and knee too!), ans also i can have hand tremor from time to time.

So youre not alone !
wookiette

Postby leaflea on June 14th, 2014, 5:23 pm

What now thanks for the update and what has worked. As far as tremor - yes. I had it a couple years before bfs and now have it in areas besides my hands. Search the site and you will see plenty of us.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS