Polyneuropathie after all?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Polyneuropathie after all?

Postby German2 on June 12th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Hi there,

I am back from neuro and he discvoered antibodies against my nerve system..He thinks this could be from infection, causing polyneuropathie which is causing my muscle reduction. My GP is of the opinion my symptoms come from my hashimoto, but neuro think it's both. Of course fasciculations are in the picture of both...After 2 years with symptoms, including 10 and a half month twitching, I know feel resigned and not really enthusiastic that I was right, that it is no somatic disorder. That was what doctors were telling me the last time...I don't have much power left to fight. I can just hope to get the right therapie and that there is some energy left to fight. My weired symptoms drive me mad. Today I discovered numb shoulders. I have pain in changing locations. It comes and goes. Ok, one can say: be happy, you have a reason for your symptoms now, but I can't be happy not knowing where this all leads me to...
Last edited by German2 on June 12th, 2014, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
German2
Saint
Saint

Re: Polyneuropathie after all?

Postby German2 on June 12th, 2014, 1:55 pm

...just a further comment regarding my last post, that it could be borrelia...Westernblot was negative. But there are some other agents found.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 13th, 2014, 12:05 am

well, somatic disorders seldom lead to atrophy (cannot remember if pshyhogenic akynesia can lead to atrophy or those people preserve their muscles however completely idle due to strong suppression foci in the motor brain zones) so if you had one (reversible!) then you had your nerves physically affected. But all the rest of symptoms may be joining from somatization side too.
polyneuropaties may be of various course, but at least many of them are treatable and reversable. Neuro tisssue can grow and restore itself and I hope you would feel better eventually.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on June 13th, 2014, 12:33 am

Thank you Yulisair! I have to start with a low cortisone now. With that the neuro will see, what happens...Maybe optimism will come back with the therapy when I see it works somehow....Maybe that all started all 4 years ago, when my first nerve in my upper leg was affected and went numb for a year. This was also reversible. To that time I was sure it was due to pregnancy..But maybe it was the beginning of a very slow process, which hopefully can be stopped.
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS