*beep* Hotspots!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

*beep* Hotspots!

Postby jburzlaff on April 24th, 2014, 12:59 pm

Thought it would be a nice thing to share. What's the most annoying hotspot you've had?

Mine is being one on the lower part of my back, keeps me from being still mother*beeper*!
jburzlaff

Re: *beep* Hotspots!

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 25th, 2014, 8:54 am

my feet and calves: 24/7 ... more than one muscle
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DKM on June 7th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Calves and just above my right knee.
DKM

Postby Red Raider on June 8th, 2014, 12:00 am

Calves and shoulders!!!
Red Raider

Postby Bibi on June 8th, 2014, 4:23 pm

My left leg Calves 24/7 . Gets me tired and anxios .
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Cobber on June 8th, 2014, 8:30 pm

left calf. Between 10 and 100 each minute all day everyday for 16 months.
Cobber

Postby switched on June 13th, 2014, 3:08 pm

For me it's not so much the location that drives me nuts as the strength and rythym of them. The stonger and faster, the worse. If they are weak, I can almost ignore them.
switched

Postby jebmd on September 4th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Lately it is the left calf, it has me so freaked out that I am going back to the neurologist. After my thyroid surgery, it was my left upper eyelid which lasted three weeks!!!
jebmd

Postby reanne2489 on October 6th, 2014, 8:37 am

Seeing this has helped me a little...

For me, I initially noticed twitching after doing the ice bucket challenge, but I knew for a number of months I'd had a constant twitch in my left lower eye lid. I'd get occasional abdominal spasms, and feel slight fluttery twitches in my feet...nothing i paid much attention to. But after the ALS ice bucket challenge, I was more attuned to everything, cause I had already made myself a little anxious about my legs due to tripping [down to bad sandals] numerous times all summer, having aches and pains in my legs and arms from time to time around then, my ankles swelling over my summer travels, and having an infected bug bite on my left knee...

Anyway, I suddenly noticed one night my left foot wouldn't stop jerking and my right shoulder was twitching...then BAM im awake and worried. I break out in all over twitching for the next week with the calves going constantly.

I have slowly been calming myself [still extremely anxious and seeing a counsellor] 1 month into this, but my left calf is my BIGGEST hotspot going constantly 24/7 with a vibrating/buzzing feeling. I also get strong twitches about the left knee and sometimes at the top of my thigh and my left foot arch buzzes/flutters as well. This natually panics me as it's one sided, and my left knee is very sore as are my calf muscles...I try to use this as reassurance it's BFS and not ALS as ALS is meant to be painless, bar cramping sometimes being a side effect of atrophy, and this aching isn't cramping- plus my muscles are sore to the touch.

I have been trying to do strength exercises every day so i'm hoping it's just that which has caused the strain in my knee and pain in my muscles too, and not weakness...as my other fear is that this left leg is thinner than the right...2 cms smaller at the top of my thigh, but pretty much the same measurements at the knee [despite it looking thinner] and calf...so seeing a physio about whether they think there is muscle atrophy tomorrow and if there is an underlying injury etc...but yes, hotspots are stressful-more so than all over twitching which i think would make us more inclined to look for a benign outcome.
reanne2489

Postby Yuliasir on October 6th, 2014, 9:19 am

eyelid (interferes with reading which is incredibly annoying) and eardrum.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby NeedAssurance on May 15th, 2015, 4:02 pm

The arches of the inside of my foot twitch so much, my big toe moves slightly virtually all the time.
NeedAssurance
Interested
Interested

Postby jburzlaff on May 6th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Hey, it's been years since I made this post. I came back now only to let you guys know that I'm still twitching and that I'm still healthy! I want to say this so anyone who happens to find these posts know that they will be fine too!
jburzlaff

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS