Please read...

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Please read...

Postby nervous nel on April 20th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Sitting here calmly playing a game and the left side of my tongue starts twitching strongly, stronger than it used to and it always seems to be the left side, my jaw was hurting on the left side earlier when I opened it to eat dinner, trying to keep my sane head and have done well lately but can feel the heat of panic trying to spread! Any words of comfort? Anyone?
nervous nel

Re: Please read...

Postby Yuliasir on April 21st, 2014, 1:22 am

nel,
I have sometimes twitches in one side of the tongue.
pain when opening muth means tather tou have problems with templar-mandibular joint, which many of us seem to have. orthodontist may help in that case I believe.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nervous nel on April 21st, 2014, 3:02 am

Thank you Yuliasir, I think you re right about my jaw as a few weeks ago was going through the looking at my tongue phase and heard a loud crack in the left part of my jaw it's been hurting on and off since, but yesterday it really hurt to open and it's even worse today. My twitches seem to wax and wane I get days where they seem relentless then will have the odd couple throughout the day for a while, I get little vibrations on my tongue and I get the odd big thumper like last night that scares me, my question is, is it a good or bad sign if your twitches come and go in intensity, numbers etc? Thank you for your time x
nervous nel

Postby Yuliasir on April 21st, 2014, 7:19 am

at least I may say that it is a typical for BFS - variability of symptomes in terms of type, intensity etc.
If you have increasing pain when opening your mouth, i would advice to see a surgeon asap as you may have partial dislodging of the jaw and this has to be cleared and corrected asap as it is not good to have a jaw out of position and it hurts finally!

we had a fellow here who had full size jaw dislocation becasue of looking at his tongue several times a day. it cost him several very unpleasant minutes and a hell of scare.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nervous nel on April 21st, 2014, 1:53 pm

I will do, I'm pretty sure I press my teeth together whilst asleep to as I wake with jaw ache! I've stopped looking now as I'm trying to ignore it all, my other twitches don't bother me at all now! It's surprising how fixating on one particular area makes the other areas fade into background noise! :)
nervous nel

Postby jcmommie on April 26th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Something else to think about----If you get migraines, it may be part of an atypical presentation. I have tongue fasics, always on the left. I never feel them, but if I stick my tongue out and look at it they are always there on the left lateral side of my tongue. Noticing them for the first time 5 years ago was part of what my big beginning freak-out was. No weakness, but sometimes my tongue burns or feels sore or even achy. I am taking meds for atypical migraine, and the meds for this have helped tremendously with the burning/aching.
Just keep swimming...
jcmommie

Postby nervous nel on May 1st, 2014, 2:55 pm

Hi jcmommie, thank you for your reply, I suffer a lot of migraine particularly aural and I do get lots of tongue burning and also recurrent ulcers on the tip of my tongue x
nervous nel

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS