Tongue is wiggin out

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tongue is wiggin out

Postby bobajojo on January 15th, 2014, 11:23 am

Uggh... woke up this morning to a big squeezing twitch on the left side of my tongue. It was happening once a minute for 30 minutes. Then, it started to spasm where it would contract in and flutter a few times before releasing. This was *beep* near constant for over an hour. That was about 5 hours ago and since then, its been doing it periodically. I made the mistake of checking it out in the mirror and I instantly saw fascics on the OTHER side that I couldn't feel. Not talking normal movements, real fascics.

In the beginning of all this, I was overwhelmed with fear. Now, after 32 months, the fear has turned into frustration. I don't know if I'll ever get used to tongue twitching, especially when it comes on as a new type of twitch. Ugggh.

-Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Re: Tongue is wiggin out

Postby Yuliasir on January 15th, 2014, 11:30 am

ehhh, :(

understand you
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on January 15th, 2014, 11:32 am

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough day. I know you've been twitching all over for a while now, but what sort of anti twitch meds are you on to relieve it if you don't mind me asking. Gabapentin is pretty good to calm down crazy ass twitches like the ones you describe on your tongue (at least it helped me).
I feel your pain...back in 2008/2009 I nearly had a complete breakdown over tongue and eardrum twitches. Theyre so disconcerting. Stay strong, it's all a benign pain in the ass.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby volfan on January 15th, 2014, 10:11 pm

After 25 months, something will happen that will just bug the t-total *beep* out of me and I just think to myself, "oh, dear Lord, when will this crap stop". :( What makes me really angry is for a split second I let fear creep in. Then I slap myself and say "get over it". Slapping one's self is a must.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS