having trouble today

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

having trouble today

Postby lrt6131 on November 10th, 2013, 9:47 am

Right before I went to bed last night my right leg started twitching rapidly. Feels like electricity (not painful) is running through my leg causing these fasicluations. Causes my leg to feel very strange & crampy. Still going on this morning. If I prop my leg up my toes start to wiggle. Anyone else out there experience this? I just want it to stop so I can move on with my day.
lrt6131

Re: having trouble today

Postby bubbles on November 10th, 2013, 12:59 pm

hi lrt
i have that buzzing feeling im my legs,its very common with bfs
are you getting twitching in other body parts or just in your legs? you could have restless leg syndrome if you feel you have to move your legs to get relief,
sorry i cant be of much help,hope your feeling better soon
bubbles

Postby TwitchyMark on November 12th, 2013, 4:04 pm

I felt I had RLS for awhile too. It was a terrible ticklish feeling that included my arms as well. Coupled with the twitching and a cramping feeling in my right lower leg, sleep did not come easy. I found that hot soaks followed by stretching and massaging my legs with icy hot, ben gay or capsaicin creme seemed to take my mind off the sensations. Then my feet started with the same thing to the point where I had to buy one of those massaging foot baths. It did eventually subside most likely due to my mind gradually becoming less hypervigilant to the sensations.

Mark
TwitchyMark

Postby lrt6131 on November 12th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Thanks. I have been doing Epsom Salt baths. Unfortunately I am still experiencing high anxiety & panic, hoping that calms--I have contemplated going to the ER about 3 times last 24 hrs due to panic & palpitations. My legs are rapidly firing 24/7 still with an occasional twitch in upper extremities :(
lrt6131

Postby Anxious guy on November 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Hey lrt, I started to get anxious there for no reason tonight and looked st my legs and they are twitching all over, some I feel and some I don't but man it's going bonkers ! I almost no twitches there for days and now it's really going for it ! I get them at random all over my body !
I've just for to bed to try rest and calm down ! Terrible feeling !!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Tasnim on November 16th, 2013, 4:05 pm

I have that almost every day. Today was horrible... Twitching, spasms and this "pre-cramp" feeling.. all around my lower legs. Oh, and twitching toes, of course. :shock: Usually it's worse in one leg like today, but I've had days when it's the same in both. VERY difficult to walk those days... :roll:
Tasnim
Interested
Interested

Postby TwitchyMark on November 17th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Don't feel bad about the panic. I had an anxiety attack and trip to the ER which I had never done nor thought I would ever do in my life. The feelings we feel are so foreign to us and just come one after the other. Later on, I felt very silly. But at the time, I thought for sure I had clinical weakness in my legs. My leg just fell asleep while driving, but my mind took it down a bad path.
TwitchyMark

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS