Constant twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Constant twitching

Postby emmie.s on September 23rd, 2013, 10:42 am

Here's some advice that I wish someone had told me months ago. A great way to combat BFS pain is exercise. It seems counterintuitive, but for me and I am sure for many others, its works. You will get twitches during and immediately after the workout (so don't be surprised if your calves are twitching away after a run) but for some reason I found that it takes the BFS-type of weird feelings like soreness, perceived weakness, and jelly legs away. An added bonus: you will see how strong you really are, and how day by day you are growing stronger. Exercise also decreases stress and anxiety. I highly recommend it!
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Amylou29 on September 23rd, 2013, 4:59 pm

I just have a few more questions for you kind people then I will leave you all in peace and emmie I will definitely give exercise ago.
I've read on previous posts of people who have stiffness and pain in one limb but mine is in both thighs, would bfs cause this? I have hundreds of twitches per day, is this normal for bfs? And finally, then pain I'm feeling in my thighs comes on after very little exercise like walking my dog a short distance but gets better when I do nothing at all, why is this? Thank you all once again,
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on September 23rd, 2013, 5:00 pm

I just have a few more questions for you kind people then I will leave you all in peace and emmie I will definitely give exercise ago.
I've read on previous posts of people who have stiffness and pain in one limb but mine is in both thighs, would bfs cause this? I have hundreds of twitches per day, is this normal for bfs? And finally, then pain I'm feeling in my thighs comes on after very little exercise like walking my dog a short distance but gets better when I do nothing at all, why is this? Thank you all once again,
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby RGB on September 23rd, 2013, 5:39 pm

"Yes, completely normal" and "me too".

Other members may wish to cut and paste either of the above two phrases as we are all going to be saying the same thing :)

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on September 26th, 2013, 4:49 am

Do you guys twitch constantly on a daily basis? Xxxxx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on September 26th, 2013, 4:56 am

why is this?

becasue of a feature called excersise intolerance. Sometimes my hand aches after teeth cleaning or brushing. I had this since I was a child but had no idea other people do not have that. For us it is rather normal. It might have metabolic nature (for exxample for some reasons you have more lactic acid formed in your muscles or it is badly evacuated from your tighs due to bad circulation for example, etc.)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Aviationrocks1 on September 26th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Yep, every single day.
Aviationrocks1

Postby Amylou29 on September 29th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Constantly?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on September 29th, 2013, 10:34 pm

un my peak i was really teitching every minute in various muscles. Now I have 2-3 sets per day, mostly in legs, face and hands.

I have cramps also. Daily.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Amylou29 on September 30th, 2013, 12:32 am

I'm twitching constantly all day long and have been for ages, day and night. Is this normal for bfs?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on September 30th, 2013, 12:34 am

Yes
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Amylou29 on October 1st, 2013, 3:12 am

When I wake up in the morning, as soon as I start to move or stretch, my thighs start popping away. Will it stay in my thighs forever?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Aviationrocks1 on October 2nd, 2013, 12:16 pm

Amylou29,

It is clear that you are having some serious anxiety to this new thing you are experiencing (as many of us do). You can see from the numerous responses that you are experiencing nothing different than many, many others here. There is no one thing that will cause your twitching, although you may learn that certain things can "trigger" the twitching. It is very common to have them set off by stretching, that happens to me ALL the time. Even through the course of the night when I wake up and stretch a bit I will start twitching in random places (lets, arms, back etc). Yawning seems to cause that as well for a lot of people, myself included. We all want to help each other out on here, but I encourage you to use the search function at the top, you will see just how many of us have the same exact things going on. It may, or may not stay in your legs. For a lot of people, myself included, it started in the calves. From there it just moved on to other places as well. I am almost at a year now and my legs still go like crazy every single day, jusnt now I can add a whole lot of other places to that. Please realize that you are nowhere near alone with this. None of us like it, but the sooner we except that this wierd thing is going on with our bodies (but nothing sinister) the better. It is what it is....just let it be and live a happy life :)
Aviationrocks1

Postby Amylou29 on October 9th, 2013, 10:39 am

Hi, I spoke to my GP today as my thighs are very sore, he said he didn't know why and that he didn't think the twitching was related to it, he wants me to go and see him to probably be referred to a neurologist, I'm very very scared now. I
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby shell67 on October 9th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Don't be scared. My thighs ached for several months and I couldn't figure out the reason for it, as I hadn't changed my routine at all. The achiness eventually went away. Stuff comes and goes with BFS -- that's what I'm learning. I'm sure your visit to the neuro will ease your mind. Please don't assume the sore legs are indicative of something else. I'm sure you're fine. God bless!
shell67

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS