Constant twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Constant twitching

Postby leaflea on December 30th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Many of us get new symptoms and freak out. I think your GP is mistaking "new symptoms" (consistent with bfs) for "progression." And is being safe because this s not his territory. My GP said he sees about 2 new twitchers per month and does not refer unless super anxious or obvious progression.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Amylou29 on December 31st, 2013, 4:42 am

Thanks for replying, when I wake in the morning if I'm still I can't feel the twitches too much but as soon as I move my thighs on both side go mad, it's very annoying. Of course then when I get up and Eskimo my thighs ste so sore and now my biceps too.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on January 1st, 2014, 3:37 pm

Does any one get bicep twitches? My GP seemed a little concerned when I told him my arms twitch too.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby veryworried123 on January 1st, 2014, 4:23 pm

Question

Does is matter if you've been twitching non stop (or pretty much) non stop in the same place for 4 months now
Back of my legs and never really calmed down except for the odd time like a few hrs here or there

Does it matter how much you twitch or where you twitch?
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby Amylou29 on January 1st, 2014, 5:38 pm

Very worried 123, I'm sorry I cannot answer your question as I'm not sure. Some say if you have constant twitches in the same place (as I do) there's more reason for concern, others say it doesn't matter where you twitch or for how long. My thighs have twitched for 7 months and I have cramps too, I don't know if this means any thing. Some say cramps are a bad sign and some say not, it's all hard to understand but you're definitely not alone xx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby veryworried123 on January 1st, 2014, 6:02 pm

I asked my Nero if where I and how long and he said "not really"

Not really whatever that means
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby Amylou29 on January 2nd, 2014, 9:14 am

I've also read twitching and cramps are a bad sign?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on January 5th, 2014, 9:46 am

This last week I've been having light cramping in both thighs,it's a little painful but hasn't turned into a full on cramp, I'm having it in both thighs. I have some questions about this ( surprise surprise )
• does this mean my symptoms are progressing?
• is having cramps wore than just twitching
• are cramps a sign of ***
• is it bad that nearly all my symptoms are in my thighs?
Thank you all once again. xx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on January 5th, 2014, 10:11 am

• does this mean my symptoms are progressing? They are changing but in BFS it is not unique. You may call it 'progression' but if they will vanish in few weeks, what would it be?
• is having cramps wore than just twitching nope becasue therer is also a subtype called BCFS (cramping and fasciculation syndrome)
• are cramps a sign of *** Well, one of the hallmarks of ALS are profound and persisten spasms which never cease by their on, and they quickly turn usually into full size spastic paralysis. If you can releive your cramp easily or more or less easily, thne it is just cramp.
• is it bad that nearly all my symptoms are in my thighs? Who knows? not me definitely. But ALS usually does not develop in proximal part and then in distal, but vice versa. So should it be ALS-related, you have to start from foot rop or severe pain in the calves, as it is described in majority of cases.
Thank you all once again. xx

By the way, are you testing your legs? cramps might result from that too.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on January 5th, 2014, 10:43 am

Yuliasir gave some excellent answers. In addition, cramp-like feelings are not real cramps, and they are common among BFSers.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Amylou29 on January 5th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Thanks both, yuliasir the thing is every thing I started with is still going strong so I'm pretty sure all my symptoms will still be happening in a few weeks, what does this mean? What if they do not disappear, then should I worry?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on January 6th, 2014, 2:33 am

no, I think you should not. If they will impact your ability to walk, then probably you should. BFS hurts but never disables. MND often hurt moderately or at least not for long time but they disable, and no one can miss diability (ignoring it is possible but not missing).

In BFS symptomes usually vary in several weeks or days period. If you consider you have low variation but persistent single symptom, then you may of course revert again to the medicals, but generally the key point is disability.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Amylou29 on January 6th, 2014, 4:12 am

So the fact that I've had this for months and months without any relief is not typical bfs? It does hurt daily and twitching in thighs is continuou along with soreness but as far as I'm aware no weakness, I do feel I'm walking differently but I think that's from the pain and cramps in my thighs.
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on January 6th, 2014, 5:33 am

in BFS usually symptomes are migrating... in most cases. but for example in the Isaak syndrome, as far as I understnd, they are rather stable. There is at least one person in our community diagnosed with the isaak syndrome which is painful but not deadly disease. who knows, maybe this is your case...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Amylou29 on January 6th, 2014, 6:37 am

My symptoms are all in my thighs and definately not migrating, I thought this was the usual paternal for bfs,now I'm worried!
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS