Constant twitching

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Constant twitching

Postby Amylou29 on December 23rd, 2013, 12:55 pm

Thanks all for helping me, just to clarify then, stiffness and sore muscles can be bfs and ***? English twitcher I am just as strong as before but I started with just twitching then developed sore muscles and now the stiffness????? Xx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Anxious guy on December 23rd, 2013, 1:54 pm

Well, I did have a flare up 4 years ago as described earlier but since then I just get random twitching that doesn't really bother me as there were no constant hotspots.
I would find that if I moved my arm or area that was twitching it would generally stop and I haven't stared at my calfs in years..

Now recently it's went crazy and I get hot spots now, my right arm that's constantly twitching in the same spot sometimes feels tired but if I do press ups or lift something I can so I don't think its weakness, today it feels weak but I carried my 2 year old around the shops for at least half am hour and if it was weak I don't think I could do that either...

I also went a 5k run/ walk yesterday and my calves are a bit tight but as it was my first activity in about 4 months it's to be expected...
So to clarify I haven't been battling this for 4 years to the same degree as recently, I don't know if I got used to it or maybe my anxiety shot through the roof once my tongue kicked off and then my anxiety made everything worse!

Your saying your sore in your legs .... Are you self testing a lot ? Are you walking about loads on your tip toes and heels ?
If you are that's would be a fast way to giving yourself sore legs !
My new anxiety symptom is my classic dizzy off balance feeling that I have got on and off for years and years way before twitching !!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Amylou29 on December 23rd, 2013, 2:26 pm

Nope, no crazy strength tests just normal every day exercise, very puzzling!
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on December 26th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Hope you're all having a lovely Christmas, if by any chance any one is browsing through I would like to know what causes the stiffness in my left thigh and why stiffness is a symptom of bfs, also, is it ok that I have this every day all day long and any ideas what will help to ease it? Ibuprofen doesn't seem to be doing the trick, thanks xx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on December 29th, 2013, 3:10 pm

Any one? Xx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Amylou29 on December 30th, 2013, 4:11 am

I've just spoken to my doctor and he's referred me to a neurologist as I have soreness too, he said I have progressive symptoms
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby shell67 on December 30th, 2013, 11:49 am

When do you see the neuro? I will be thinking of you. Report back to us how it goes. I'm really, really confident that all is fine. My thighs ache and feel stiff more than usual these days, and I know others on this board have the same issue. Your case doesn't sound any different. I don't have a good explanation for why it happens, as I'm pretty new to this BFS nonsense, but as long as my doctors keep saying my condition is benign, I'll rest easy. I'm sure your upcoming app't will put your mind at ease.

Blessings,
Michele
shell67

Postby Amylou29 on December 30th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Thanks shell67, to be honest it's just really annoying to have pain every day! I have a really active job so it's there all the time along with the flipping twitching! I hope it eases off soon, I've had it continuously for about a month now. I've got a few days off this week so I'm going to see if it gets better with rest, Thankyou for replying, it's nice not to feel alone in this, whatever it is! Xx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bubbles on December 30th, 2013, 4:36 pm

hi amylou..just to let you know i have been having soreness,stiffness and twitching in my left calf for nearly 2 months! driving me mad..i had a neuro visit a few weeks ago and my clinical was normal,no emg needed he said. still i worry :( let me know how you get on xx
bubbles

Postby Amylou29 on December 30th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Bubbles, do you twitch constantly? The soreness is so annoying, I can't work out the difference between stiffness and soreness? X
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bubbles on December 30th, 2013, 5:03 pm

no i dont twitch costantly,its very intermittent, i could have a day or 2 with no twitching anywhere and other days have little twitches every few hours or so,dont get much bodywide twitching either these days,had an annoying lip twitch last sunday that lasted 2 hours! its the weird feeling and stiffness/pain in my left leg that bothers me. i get tingling in that leg sometimes too :( when is your neuro app? im sure you will be fine hon,i keep telling myself if ive had this bother in my left leg for 2months with no weakness it couldnt be anything nasty! its hard not to worry though :)
bubbles

Postby Amylou29 on December 30th, 2013, 5:15 pm

I worry because my twitching is constant, I've heard that's what they're like with *** I don't get tingling or pins and needles. I've got to wait for an appointment letter, I think I'll have to wait a while, thanks for your kind words xx
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Anxious guy on December 30th, 2013, 5:38 pm

A lot of us have it constant ... Every second for me in tricep as it goes slowly up
And down almost pulse like, calves down to feet never stop and left is worse for me...
I also get all kinds of randoms too !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Amylou29 on December 30th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Do you get the soreness constantly too?
Amylou29
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Englishtwitcher on December 30th, 2013, 6:29 pm

I've been having a huge flare up recently (most likely anxiety) but if it makes you reassured I have a twitching g left leg at the moment with tightness in the calf. No cramps but hugely annoying. I only have to shake my calf when relaxed and it starts twitching. I also have a sore sole of foot in addition to a numb 4th toe (see previous posts about it).

This is the same leg that went mad in August with the knee twitching.
I'm still strong in the leg but I just don't get these symptoms. Perhaps it is cyclical. I'm beginning to think mine are.

Take care x
Englishtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences with BFS